Systems Engineer MBSE II ( R-00052374 )
Leidos' Military & Veterans Health Solutions Group is currently seeking a Systems Engineer II / MBSE in support of the Department of Defense (DoD) Healthcare Management System Modernization (DHMSM) Program, $4.6B contract, known as MHS GENESIS. This highly-visible and impactful program is designed to deploy a new electronic health record to the military health system, supporting nearly 10 million service members and their families.
The DHMSM program provides modernization of Electronic Health Record (EHR) capabilities for the Department of Defense. The Leidos Partnership for Defense Health (LPDH) is seeking candidates for a Systems Engineer II / MBSE role, providing technical systems engineering management for the DHMSM Program. Selected candidate will work closely with the Systems Engineering and Integration Lead, Systems Engineers, Software Engineers, and Operations Sustainment Engineers, as well as Government counterparts, to perform and manage the full spectrum of systems engineering tasks to include employing Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE), requirements analysis, system and interface design, system integration, system testing, and all associated documentation.
- Responsible for completing assigned tasks related to managing and employing SE standard methods, MBSE models and artifacts, SE processes and tools to accomplish analysis, problem diagnosis and solution design, integration and test preparation, risk assessment and mitigation planning, and related activities as directed.
- Work closely with the D3P Chief Architect, Software, Data, and DevOps Engineers, and Data Scientists, as directed, on the following key tasks:
- Execution of engineering activities, requirements analysis, implementation planning, third party coordination, integration and test, sustainment, documentation, deployment, and system assessment.
- Employ MBSE approach for systems planning, design, execution, and sustainment.
- Assist in defining processes for technical platforms, system specifications, input/output and working parameters for hardware and/or software compatibility.
- As directed, assist in the development and maintenance of systems engineering documentation and diagrams/models through use of MBSE tool.
- Understand and leverage an “Enterprise Product” approach to identify 1) Requirements that represent a gap in capabilities, and 2) Opportunities for reuse.
- Collaborate with colleagues to monitor and report technical variances; facilitate resolution of technical issues that adversely impact successful product delivery
- Report the technical status of product development to assigned leads on a consistent basis.
- Identify and manage external dependencies.
- Experience with Windows and Linux-based IT systems.
- Familiar with EAI, web services and interface messaging standards.
- Knowledge of integration and troubleshooting techniques.
- Requires BS degree and 2-4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- US Citizen with ability to obtain and maintain ADP2/IT2 Public Trust. Federal Government requirement.
- Familiarity and some knowledge of employing MBSE approach and tools or experience with framework/approach similar to MBSE.
- Demonstrable knowledge of systems engineering concepts and applying these concepts to software-intensive systems.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required to collaborate with customer representatives, domain experts, and other systems engineers in the development of complex software systems.
- Agile software development knowledge.
- Experience designing, integrating, configuring, and testing systems.
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose system problems and work closely with team members to develop innovative solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to participate in cross-functional planning, coordination, and task execution situations involving the full spectrum of system integration activities.
- Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience.
- Ability to express technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Experience with large-scale implementation of Electronic Health Record system.
- Experience with Rhapsody integration engine.
- Experience monitoring and maintaining system interfaces.
- Advanced technical degree or software development/process certifications.
- Experience with software systems integration, incremental software development and EVMS (Earned Value Management System).