Senior Systems Engineer ( R-00052574 )
Leidos is actively hiring for a Senior Systems Engineer to join our team at MacDill, AFB, FL.
Support MARCENT HQ and deployed units, as required, for network and security engineering, administration, operations, planning, design, and upgrades. Administer storage, network and virtual management hardware and software, maintaining the integrity of software and services, and installing upgrades, including planning, scheduling, testing, and coordination.
Provide system management/administrator support for MARCENT CLASSIFIED and UNCLASSIFED data services- Field trouble calls via a computer based trouble ticket system.
Define, improve and promote architecture and standards based on Information Technology Information Library (ITIL) best practices
Assist in developing and maintaining mature security procedures
Provide senior level guidance on performing functionality, performance, and security audits, generate detailed executive reports outlining risk, and provide technology recommendations
Maintain and be accountable for the direct support of CLASSFIED and UNCLASSIFIED command services
Design, document and write deliverable plans for complex implementations.
Write and maintain system documentation, standard operating procedures (SOP), and desktop procedures
Install, configure and secure Windows Servers, storage, VmWare, Windows workstations, Virtualized Server Infrastructure (VmWare/Citrix/Microsoft), Virtualized Desktop Infrastructure (VMware/Citrix/Microsoft)
Document and monitor server operation, performance and capacity, trouble calls and computer/network actions for reporting purposes.
Coordinate complex network or system problem resolution with higher level or vendor tech support.
- Active SECRET clearance
- Current DOD 8570 IAT II or III certified, or SEC+, NET+ certified
- AA or equivalent experience
- Minimum 10 years in IT server/network service support with emphasis on VMWare.
- VMWare / Horizon experience and/or certs
- Be able to lift up to 50 pounds shoulder high multiple times; able to squat, climb stairs/ladder
- US citizen with current US driver license and ability to obtain a passport for international travel.
- Able to travel internationally for short duration 1-2 weeks on short notice (5-14 days)
- Excellent oral and written technical communications and documentation skills.
- Familiar with DISA STIGS and application to servers/services
- Storage technology certifications
- Two plus years of experience in military environmentExternal Referral Bonus:IneligiblePotential for Telework:Yes, 10%Clearance Level Required:SecretTravel:Yes, 10% of the timeScheduled Weekly Hours:40Shift:DayRequisition Category:ProfessionalJob Family:Systems AdministrationPay Range: