Systems Engineer ( R-00054742 )
Leidos is seeking a mid-level Systems Engineer experienced in Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) methods to support the Air Force Research Lab. This role will explore how future weapons systems enable our future fighting force through defining requirements, architectures, and interfaces for the systems that will then be used in conducting detailed analysis. MBSE tools such as NoMagic Cameo Systems Modeler (CSM) will be used to create SysML models that will be the basis of simulations of the system as well as managing the requirements.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• As a Systems Engineer with Leidos, will use MBSE methodologies and tools in a challenging environment to explore how future weapons perform as part of a larger fighting forces using detailed campaign analysis.
• Exercise existing tools and models and create new models to represent new and emerging systems. This will be a synthesis of MBSE tools like NoMagic CSM and mathematical modeling tools like Matlab.
• Support innovative new weapons and technologies and develop performance models to include in the campaign analysis.
• Perform sensitivity and Reliability analysis against the defined requirements to validate the proposed system.
• Interact with USAF leaders by developing reports and presentations which highlight the effectiveness of new technologies.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, or other closely related field, with a minimum of 4 years of related experience
Must be a US Citizen and able to obtain SECRET clearance
Experience with DODAF/UAF and SysML
The ability to work on a multidisciplinary team
Experience with using tools such as NoMagic CSM and IBM tool suite to do MBSE modeling. As well as experience with executable SysML simulation capabilities and scripting languages.
Experience with MBSE methodologies such as Magicgrid, IBM Harmony and their interfacing with Agile development methods.
Understanding of military CONOPS
Experience in simulation environments such as MATLAB, and the ability to program using Python or C++
BondExternal Referral Bonus:EligiblePotential for Telework:Yes, 10%Clearance Level Required:NoneTravel:Yes, 10% of the timeScheduled Weekly Hours:40Shift:DayRequisition Category:ProfessionalJob Family:Systems EngineeringPay Range: