Systems Engineer ( R-00056437 )
This role provides technical expertise and collaboration across an Agile team to ensure system application requirements and user stories are ready for implementation. This role supports software systems development, including documenting system application requirements, system interfaces, and data sources; and, supporting technical planning, development, integration, and verification and validation. This role refines customer roadmaps, enterprise epics, and strategic requirements into detailed requirements and actionable user stories to be delivered by the entire team. This role coordinates with the Scrum Master to prioritize user stories that realize customer requirements. Flexible cross-training to also provide systems engineering, software development, training, security, and testing is also desired.
- Coordination, and execution of systems engineering activities in support of data science team, such as feature/requirements analysis, design, implementation planning and documentation
- Coordinate, schedule and lead design sessions for feature developments related to data science team
- Act as the scrum master for a team of data scientists to clear hurdles in a fluid environment; implement short-term fixes; and scope, plan, and deploy long-term system improvements
- Develop and maintain systems engineering documentation and diagrams/models working in coordination/collaboration with chief engineer and other SE team members
- Perform systems engineering tasks within time-boxed (e.g. agile) sprints and releases. Support sprint and release planning activities as well as the creation of and/or input to work tickets (e.g. JIRA) and program/system documentation through the use of collaboration software (e.g. Confluence)
- Support and employ MBSE approach for systems planning, design, execution, and sustainment in coordination with the chief engineer and other SE team members
- Help to define processes for technical platforms, system specifications, input/output and working parameters for hardware and/or software compatibility and dependency
- Assist in establishing SE processes and tools to accomplish analysis, problem diagnosis and solution design, integration and test preparation, risk assessment and mitigation planning, and related activities
- Obtain solid understanding of software features in order to plan for current and upcoming releases
- Hold daily scrums and document minutes/actions/status with data science team
- Participate in release planning, scrum of scrums, bug triage and other pertinent meetings
- Report feature design and development status to PM staff and customer
- Communicate with customer on data science features and roadmap
- Assist with resolution of technical issues that adversely impact successful product delivery
- Assist with identifying and supporting external dependencies where needed
- Experience providing technical/management leadership on major tasks or technology assignments.
- Candidate must have BS with 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience
- Experience establishing goals and plans that meet project objectives.
- Domain and expert technical knowledge.
- Experience directing and controlling activities for a client, having overall responsibility for financial management, methods, and staffing to ensure that technical requirements are met.
- Experience interfacing with senior management and negotiating with clients on requirements and deliverables.
- Experience supervising others.
- Candidate must have an active TS/SCI with polygraph.