Systems Engineer ( R-00060231 )
Varec, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is looking to add a Systems Engineer to our team in Peachtree Corners, GA.
Varec is a worldwide leader in fuels management systems for total asset visibility and control, supplying integrated hardware and software solutions to oil and gas, defense and aviation markets. With its headquarters and manufacturing facility outside of Atlanta, Georgia, Varec also has offices in Virginia, Australia and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit www.varec.com.
This Systems Engineer should have experience with PLC / SCADA system design and programming (Allen-Bradley ControlLogix and CompactLogix controllers and displays). This individual should also be open to traveling up to 75% of the time to different sites. However, travel typically consists of 1x per month, within the United States.
Priority/Preference for selection in addition to relevant skills capability as notated in the requirements of this position will be given to:
- Candidates eligible to work in the US, being a US Citizen or Green Card holder as tasking requirements are immediate, and tis requirement must be met in order to perform work on contract in reasonable timeframe (<30 days of start date).
- Local or willing to relocate to Atlanta, GA area (remote negotiable dependent on experience and capabilities)
The Systems Engineer:
- Executes implementation of fuel automation solutions for the oil and gas industry at customer site
- Assists with projects/programs from design and development to production. The engineer may be required to research and propose hardware and software components for projects.
- Deploys system solutions that meet documented requirements; defines schedule for project/program implementation, consults with and directs site personnel, and may be responsible for engineering site specific solutions and issue resolution.
- The system engineer must be able to work independently requiring minimal assistance from the rest of the systems integration team to accomplish daily project objectives.
- The system engineer must be able to work independently on larger, more complex projects with minimal assistance from the systems engineering team.
- As required and available, the system engineer will assist others on the system integration team to complete projects on time and on budget.
- Performs work such that schedules, project deliverables, goals, and milestones are met
- Follows strategies outlined for risk mitigation and contingency while implementing projects
- Completes and maintains project documentation including but not limited to schedule, budget, communications, daily site reports, backups, site drawings and other related documentation.
- Assists in identifying and resolving project issues while on site. Engineer will be responsible for the analysis and evaluation of issues.
- Addresses somewhat complex technical issues/problems using internal best practice and through collaboration with colleagues.
- Explains technical solutions, practices and procedures to others within the organization.
- Develops solutions to technical problems that require depth of technical knowledge, but are typically limited in complexity.
- Provides second-tier technical support for critical application and data center issues, including off hours as needed. May be required to engineer new or temporary solutions to resolve high priority issues.
- Performs other job-related duties and works on special projects as required
- This position requires extensive travel, domestic and international, and may include travel to high-risk areas. Differential allowances (Hazardous and Hardship Pay) may apply for hours worked while on travel to certain areas, as specified by DoD guidelines.
- BS degree in a related discipline and 2-4 years of prior relevant experience. Will consider 4 years of working experience in lieu of degree (ie if no degree, should have minimum 6 years of related experience to be considered as qualified).
- Must have experience with PLC / SCADA system design and programming to include Allen-Bradley ControlLogix and CompactLogix controllers and displays
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the time to sites. (Travel typically consists of 1x per month within the United States)
- Must have great communication skills, be self-motivated, attentive to detail, possess the ability to work in a team environment, and have excellent organizational skills
- Analyze customer processes, drawings, and schematics to understand customer processes and determine solutions to resolve customer issues. Design and implement solutions to include transition planning. Provide documents, to include wiring diagrams, system schematics, operation guides, and logical process execution to customer.
- Experience in installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of Windows Operating Systems, including security configuration, networking, setting up domains, Windows Group Policies and Active Directory
- Must have excellent computer skills and proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and Access
- Candidate must be capable of and willing to follow agency and company procedures
- Some sites have restrictions and guideline with unescorted access, which may include US Citizenship or Green card holder to go onsite to perform work unescorted. Must be able to meet this requirement.
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Working knowledge of FuelsManager® suite of products
- Experience with Windows 10 Servers and SQL Server 2012 - current
- Strong background with LAN and WAN communications, including WLAN and GPRS wireless technologies
- Extensive knowledge of computer hardware architecture and Windows Operating Systems in a multi-system environment
- Experience with control software suites such as Kepware connectivity suites
- Deep understanding of and ability to apply principles, theories, and concepts of technical domain and has broad understanding of other related specialty areas.