Systems Engineer ( R-00060913 )
The En-Route Automation Modernization (ERAM) program within the Leidos Civil group is seeking a Systems Engineer who will be a member of a dynamic team working on the Federal Aviation Administration’s ERAM technology, which is the heart of the Next Generation Air Transportation System and the pulse of the National Airspace System. The program is committed to assisting the FAA customer advance our transition from a ground-based system of air traffic control to a satellite-based system of air traffic management. ERAM is vital to the future of air navigation, providing the foundation for Next Generation Air Transportation System functions.
The selected System Engineer will work on the System Safety Engineering team.
System Engineer Responsibilities:
• Provides System Safety Engineering support to aviation ground systems and air-traffic control programs.
• Provide primary safety engineering support to government-sponsored programs in the National Airspace System, including safety design requirements, hazard identification, safety risk assessments, and hazard control selection, and verification of safety requirements.
• Development and delivery of required Safety Documentation. Support efforts to comply with government and industry safety management systems manuals, as well as conformance to international safety and software integrity standards, such as DO-278A.
• Bachelor’s degree in related engineering discipline and 2+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
• Background in either System Safety Engineering or RMA along with familiarity with the ground and/or airborne aviation environment or FAA systems.