Linux Systems Engineer ( R-00061827 )
Leidos is seeking a Linux Systems Engineer, where you will provide Systems Engineering support to C5ISR Center Sustaining Base Network Assurance Branch (SBNAB) Defensive Cyber Operations (DCO) Security Operations Center (SOC). You are expected to assist the Senior Systems Engineer in planning, implementing, and supporting local and wide-area infrastructure and network solutions between multiple platforms.
This position is located at Aberdeen Proving Grounds, MD and requires a minimum of Secret clearance.
· Assist in planning and implementation of Linux based security solutions across a variety of networks and environments.
· Work within a team as a Linux Engineer supporting a technical project planning environment.
· Monitor, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware, software, and network issues and coordinate with vendors for installation of such items as servers and switches.
· Monitor all activities of the network facilities and ensures high system availability
· Provide technical support in all customer interaction situations, including receipt of specifications, design, test, and response to service requests.
· Debug and test network, infrastructure and system inter-operability
· Provide initial implementation support of subscriber hardware to assure proper execution
· Provide resolution for system failures or degradations
· Provide RMF and accreditation efforts
· Support projects and provide or maintain documentation as required
• Bachelor’s degree with at least 2 years’ experience; Master’s degree with <2 years’ experience; or Associates degree with 7 years’ experience.
• Must possess an active Secret clearance with ability to obtain up to TS/SCI clearance.
• Relevant experience must include 1+ years in the following:
- Linux based systems administration and network operations
- Supporting a classified network, configuring/maintaining routers/switches/firewalls
- Cybersecurity and privacy principles used to manage risks related to the use, processing, storage, and transmission of information or data
- Working knowledge of defense-in-depth principles, network/HW/SW security architecture, network topology, IT device integrity, and common security elements, ITIL framework and best practices
- Developing and maintaining technical documents, analyses, and reports
• Must hold IAT Level II 8570 Certification prior to start date.
• Must hold Computing Environment Certification prior to start date.
• Must hold CSSP Infrastructure Support 8570 Certification or obtain within 45 days of start date.
• Extensive experience with DoD and classified networks
• Experience with RMF
• Experience designing and managing high-availability services
• Experience with enterprises to include LINUX and cloud technologies
• Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
• Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities
• Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-pasted environment and to work independently
External Referral EligibleExternal Referral Bonus:EligibleExternal Referral Bonus $:$3000Potential for Telework:NoClearance Level Required:SecretTravel:Yes, 10% of the timeScheduled Weekly Hours:40Shift:DayRequisition Category:ProfessionalJob Family:Systems EngineeringPay Range: