Senior Systems Engineer ( R-00063857-OTHLOC-PL-2D0750 )
Leidos is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer who will be a member of a dynamic team working on the development of an air traffic control and management system that improves aircraft runway and terminal congestion. Nationwide congestion is increasing, and the need for efficient aircraft traffic planning is critical. The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Terminal Flight Data Manager (TFDM) is the surface management solution that will provide NextGen Air Traffic Control capabilities to improve air traffic operations in the National Airspace System (NAS).
The Terminal Flight Data Management (TFDM) program is a Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA) NextGen program based on airport surface management that provides efficiencies for both the airport surface and terminal airspace by providing a new and comprehensive integrated surface traffic control and management system.
Senior Systems Engineer Responsibilities:
Perform reliability/sparing analysis and provisioning to determine system sustainment needs and lifetime buy quantities.
Participate in design reviews and provide recommendations for sparing and sustainment strategies.
Develop/update life cycle management processes for new and existing systems.
Work with the Leidos Depot in the repair and replenishment of fielded equipment and development of field failure metrics to determine and mitigate failure trends. Execute the End-of-Life, End-of-Maintenance and End-of-Service processes.
Maintain failure data, perform trend analysis, and recommend corrective actions.
Work with various organizations to troubleshoot issues, identify root causes, and solve issues as they arise.
Serve as the TFDM Logistics Deputy performing the following functions:
• 1st level engineering Subcontractor oversight
• Customer Deliverable tracking, status and reviews
• Arrange/facilitate all ILS Logistics Working Groups (LWGs) and Bi-weekly meetings and develop all slides and meeting minutes. This includes tracking all ILS action items to completion.
• Earn Value Management (EVM)/Control Account Manager (CAM) to include budget planning, forecasting, analysis, and variance explanations if required.
• Interface with other functional and engineering areas to ensure ILS plans are coordinated and communicated.
• Work as the main point of contact for the help desk tickets, providing analysis and redirection as necessary.
• Identify risks/opportunities in area(s) of responsibility and develop/track mitigation plans to closure.
• Author proposals as needed.
• Requires a Bachelor’s of Science degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft office, especially Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
• Prior experience in a technical leadership role that requires significant coordination across multiple functional areas.
• Ability to understand a Bill of Material/Parts List
• Technical leadership experience with strong organization and time management
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including experience:
- working directly with customers to discuss their requirements and objectives
- interfacing with other functional areas (e.g. Software, Hardware)
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others in a team environment
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Desirable to have familiarity with FAA Air Traffic Systems, Life Cycle sustainment strategies, failure analysis, Integrated Product Support.
• Experience in electronic systems sustainment strategies, Maintenance Planning and development, Provisioning, and Cost Account Management