Systems Engineer ( R-00063447 )
Why wake up every day and want more when YOU CAN HAVE IT? Do you love KNOWING at the end of each day that your work made a difference? We embrace and solve some of the world's toughest challenges. We’re focused on ensuring our intelligence customers have the right tools, technologies, and tactics to keep pace with an ever evolving threat landscape and succeed in their mission to protect people and critical assets around the world. Who wouldn’t be fulfilled being part of that every day? We know once you join Team Leidos, you are sure to go home at the end of every day knowing YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE, resulting in one of the most REWARDING careers you could have imagined. EACH DAY MATTERS!
We have an IMMEDIATE NEED for a System Engineer to provide mission critical support to our customer. As part of an Agile Team, you will design, develop, and maintain software applications using a tailored SAFe Agile DevSecOps Scrum process. In this role you will work on documenting system needs, system interfaces, and data sources; and supporting technical planning, development, integration, and verification and validation. This role refines customer roadmaps, enterprise epics, and strategic requirements into detailed
- This role will use a combination of abilities, including system design and analysis as well as communication, mathematical and business skills. You implement new systems, correct software and configuration errors in existing systems and improve performance through software upgrades. Flexible cross-training to also provide systems engineering, solution development, training, security, and testing is also desired.
- Excellent technical planning, system design, analytical and problem-solving skills,
- Flexibility, good judgement and the ability to coordinate multiple, concurrent tasks in an effective manner.
- Work with internal team members to perform requirements analysis and evaluate alternatives including cost, risk, and supportability to ensure the systems are functional, secure, and scalable.
- Will work under the direction of senior staff.
- They will work tasks to maintain existing infrastructure and applications, plan and install new hardware/software
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Extensive experience establishing goals and plans that meet project objectives.
- System design and development.
- Must have BS degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.