Systems Engineer ( R-00064219 )
Leidos is working closely with the Naval Surface Warfare Center Carderock Division, to develop highly sophisticated training systems and tactical decision aids to help Anti-Submarine Warfare (ASW) operators train for and operate in complex environments against quiet diesel and nuclear submarines. Leidos is seeking a mid-level Systems Engineer to support a variety of sophisticated acoustic training and simulation systems within the surface ASW community.
The selected candidate will provide support across all systems engineering activities, across the lifecycle of a surface ASW trainer. They will interface with program management, system and software integration engineers, subject matter experts (SMEs), information assurance engineers, and other project team members working in an Agile environment. They will be responsible for executing established systems engineering practices to ensure the appropriate degree of process on each project. The selected individual will be responsible for communicating with and effectively collaborating with internal technical professionals on a day-to-day basis, and with POCs from customer organizations when necessary.
For each ASW trainer, the candidate will perform systems requirement analysis of one or more systems to include:
• Perform trade studies, requirement allocation, and interface definitions
• Develop and review model based systems engineering (MBSE) products
• Work with development team to help them understand requirements and implementation
• Work with systems integration and test team for verification and validation of requirements
• Bachelor’s of Science Degree in an Engineering discipline (Electrical, Mechanical, Computer, etc.) or Computer Science
• Minimum of 4 years of experience designing and developing large, software intensive, integrated classified systems. Minimum of 3 years of experience designing, developing, and documenting systems utilizing industry best practices and tools (e.g. SysML, Cameo, DOORS). Mininum of 3 years systems engineering experience on a software intensive system
• Experience with one or more of the following: software development, requirements analysis and documentation; software integration support; software test procedures/writing test cases
• Must have strong verbal and written communications skills.
• Familiarity with sensor technology and signal processing
• Knowledge of ASW
• Degree and/or formal training in Systems Engineering
• Experience with Linux, Agile software development methodologies, and Atlassian project management tools.