Systems Engineer ( R-00064572 )
At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse Engineer Professionals always have a multitude of career choices. Your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but also change the world. We offer a robust benefits package including competitive salaries; company matching 401K Retirement Plan; comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage; tuition reimbursement and more.
The QRC AISR Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Systems Engineer to work in our Bridgewater, VA office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the Leidos mission. In this mission, we provide multi-purpose aerial platforms for today’s warfighter.
- Document, decompose, and derive requirements along with verification and validation (V&V) methods (including performance metrics) to ensure system performance and safety is achieved throughout the entire project lifecycle, from conception to decommission.
- Work with functional teams (e.g. Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Integration Technicians, Pilots, Mission Operators/Analysts, etc.) to develop and manage system architecture based on the defined requirements and V&V methods, including performing trade studies and technical assessments.
- Perform and manage defined V&V methodology throughout the project, by hosting/attending technical reviews (e.g. System Requirements Review, Preliminary Design Review, etc.), reviewing technical documents (e.g. drawings, plans, reports, etc.), and managing the technical data package along with Project Engineering/Management staff for completeness/cohesiveness using Requirements Verification Traceability (RVTM) methodologies.
- Manage technical risks and mitigations via a Hazard Tracking System (HTS) based on industry and applicable certification standards, primarily related to airworthiness and flight safety.
- Collaborate with Project Engineering/Management staff in regards to schedule, budget, resource, and configuration management.
- Support the development and maintenance of engineering processes, including the management of process metrics and support in quality audits.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or similar field of study.
- Minimum of four (4) years of relevant experience. Additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Excellent communications skills to interface with stakeholders, including the customer and project team.
- Ability to access various areas of different aircraft types, which may involve kneeling, stooping, and standing.
- Eligible to obtain minimum of Secret clearance.
- Relevant certifications, such as INCOSE, PMP, or Six Sigma certifications.
- Aerospace background with a technical understanding of or experience in:
- Aerodynamic principles and analyses
- Mechanical design, analyses, and test (including static, dynamic, and fatigue principles)
- Electrical design, analyses, and test (including electrical power and EMI/EMC principles)
- Aircraft weight and balance (AWBS preferred)
- Airworthiness certification (both civil and military)
- Manufacturing and integration principles (e.g. composite, sheet metal, and machined parts)
- Safety analyses and risk management (IAW MIL-STD-882E)
- Ground and flight testing
- Failure Modes, Effects, and Critically Analysis (FMECA) and Fault Tree Analysis (FTA)
- Quality management (of both products and processes)
- Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)