Systems Engineer ( R-00066997 )
Leidos is seeking a System Engineer on a Cyber Security Center contract. The candidate will perform a variety of assignments associated with managing and maintaining systems used within a Security Operations Center (SOC) network and supporting active security analysis tools. The position will be part of a growing IT team working on multiple information systems in a high-demand setting.
At Leidos, everything we do is built on our commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our employees, and our communities. Learn more about the values and culture that are the foundations of our business. Our mission is to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through information technology, engineering, and science. We offer a robust benefits package including competitive salaries; comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage; flexible work schedule to allow for life/work balance; tuition reimbursement and more.
The candidate will work to:
- Develop, maintain, and support a mixed storage environment
- Develop, maintain, and support physical and virtual Infrastructure environments (e.g. Hyper-V, VMWare, and Nutanix)
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware, software, or other system problems, and replace defective components when necessary and subject to available resources.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement security measures to protect data, software and hardware.
- Interface with customer, technical staff, team members, and management to identify issues, negotiate changes, meet deadlines, and provide strong customer service both orally and in writing, as appropriate
- May collaborate with Amazon Web Services (AWS) for administration of AWS native services such as Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Amazon Simple Storage (S3) and Amazon Simple DB/RDS databases, AWS Identity and Access Management IAM
- Track and support periodic hardware and software upgrades.
- Perform configuration management tasks on devices using automation tools (e.g. Ansible, Chef, Chocolatey)
- Assist with deployment of distributed streaming platform
- Assist with the management of the SIEM environment
To be successful in this role, you must have the following:
- Experience with cloud and network storage
- Understanding of automation and orchestration frameworks (Ansible, Chef, or Puppet)
- Experience administering Linux operating system to an Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) level or above
- Ability to troubleshoot moderate to complex problems
- Basic understanding of networking and networking concepts
- Administration of Splunk in a clustered environment to the Splunk Enterprise System Administrator level or above
- Understanding of configuration management concepts and principals
- Ability to present technical details to non-technical personnel
The ideal candidate will also possess the following skills:
- Experience structuring Splunk data using the Common Information Model (CIM)
- Experience administering Splunk ES
- Experience with creating and managing playbooks in Splunk Phantom/SOAR
To further your success in this role, it helps to have:
- Working knowledge of cloud technologies
- 3+ years of experience with RedHat and Ansible
- 2+ years of virtualization experience
- Experience with scripting languages (e.g. Bash, PowerShell)
- Experience with application deployment and management
- An ability to convey technical concepts clearly
- Must be a US Citizen
- Minimum Interim Secret
- Eligible for fully adjudicated Secret clearance
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience .Pay Range: