Senior Systems Engineer ( R-00067174 )
Leidos is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer who will be a member of a dynamic team working on the development of the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Enterprise-Information Display System (E-IDS) which will replace the legacy IDSs with an enterprise system providing a single NAS baseline with a single logistics pipeline, reduced training needs, and national configuration management, leading to long-term operations and maintenance cost savings. There are five IDS currently in use at just over 450 Air Traffic Control (ATC) facilities with approximately 5,000 IDS-equipped operating positions. There are additional locations where IDS equipment is installed for remote communications, which will also be replaced. E-IDS will allow users to work efficiently by providing timely display and correlation of relevant operational information (e.g. maps, weather, and aeronautical features) simultaneously on an integrated geospatial display. E-IDS will provide each user access to enterprise-level information coupled with efficient, consistent, easy-to-use filtering, sorting and searching capabilities and quick reference information.
Senior Systems Engineer Responsibilities:
Working both as a member of a team and independently the successful candidate will be:
• Developing A-Level System/Subsystem Specification (SSS) requirements, B-Level Software Requirements Specification (SRS), Systems Engineering Modeling and Design, and Computer Human Interface design and mock-up development for the E-IDS system
• Assist in the establishment of appropriate systems engineering processes that sets a standard of excellence and ensures technical quality in systems engineering deliverables
• Interfacing with the FAA customer to address/answer questions relating to the developed requirements, use cases describing human interactions and design decisions
• Performing Systems Engineering as needed for the E-IDS system
• Providing support needed for software development, integration and test, and other functional areas
• Articulating user needs and requirements from high level user stories
• Developing the design for the user interface framework including client and server side components; analyzing and designing databases within an application
• Working in an Agile Scrum environment
• Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
• Requires Bachelors of Science and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience. May possess a doctorate in the technical domain.
• Systems Engineering experience, including proven experience working in complex projects gathering user requirements and converting them into system requirements
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including experience:
- working directly with customers to discuss their requirements and objectives
- interfacing with other functional areas (e.g. Software, Hardware)
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others in a team environment
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Technical leadership experience with strong organization and time management
• Proven experience with supporting highly critical customer missions
• Candidate must be able to obtain an SF-85P Public Trust clearance from the FAA customer.
• Prior experience in a technical leadership role that requires significant coordination across multiple functional areas
• Experience with Cameo Systems Modeler
• Extensive experience with Model Based Systems Engineering tools, concepts and design approaches
• Familiarity with Apache Velocity Document Production
• Familiarity with SysML
• Familiarity with the Atlassian Tool Suite and JIRA
• Experience supporting Requirements Reviews with customer
• Familiarity with the National Air Space and FAA NextGen Air Traffic control programs.