Systems Engineer ( R-00070040 )
The Systems Engineer will have direct oversight and accountability for all application and hardware maintenance and troubleshooting activities typically applicable through various CBP process and procedures. In this capacity, the System Application Engineer will be deeply engaged in the daily operations, incident management, and resolution activities. The position will also entail collaboration with various stakeholders outside of the core team, including but not limited to other technical specialists, product owners, and business stakeholders.
- Develop, test, document and help operationalize various applications leveraging industry best practices.
- Work closely and collaborate with various cross-functional IT specialists in implementing solutions.
- Work closely with team members and key stakeholders to gather and validate requirements, work with leads to design solutions that meet the functional and technical requirements.
- Participate in Scrum Daily Stand-up, Sprint and iterative development activities, while preparing to take on any role within the agile team as needed.
- Collaborate with Divisions, Developers, Customer and external entities in resolving application issues.
- Ensure adherence to internally defined application development and maintenance practices.
- Provide application contact and incident resolution to customers with hardware, software, and application problems.
- Document application incident resolution and status in ServiceNow.
- Install system wide software and assist with fine-tuning system performance.
- Set-up administrator, service accounts, reset accounts and passwords.
- Provide input and update to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Participate in organizations change management process.
- Responsible for creating and updating Knowledge Base Articles (KBA).
- Responsible for documentation management and reporting using Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Possess strong analytical skills required to troubleshoot issues, identify resolutions and be available for off business hours implementation and support.
- Top Secret Clearance or CBP BI Required
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Systems or related engineering fields with 8+ of prior relevant experience OR Master's Degree in similar field with 6+ years of prior relevant experience: OR 4 years of additional experience in lieu of degree
- 8+ years of progressive experience in the IT industry
- 5+ years of progressive experience in Microsoft Technologies
- Working knowledge of computers, printers, laptops, and common Windows applications in a Windows environment.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks on a fast moving and challenging environment.
- Working knowledge of ITIL Incident Management Process (ITIL Foundations).
- 5+ years experience managing and tracking work using management tools like Jira and ServiceNow to follow and promoting Agile practices.
- Knowledge of SeviceNow Incident module, JIRA and Confluence.
- Large Enterprise-level IT experience in supporting multiple Operating Systems and environments.
- Strong troubleshooting and resolution experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Adaptable and flexible to handle multiple tasks and changing priorities as required by the PSPD Operations.
- Positive and open attitude to work with difficult customers in a complex environment.