Systems Assurance Engineer ( 575715-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
As our Systems Assurance Engineer, you'll be responsible for the advanced installation, operation, and maintenance of switching, data communications, and peripheral equipment associated with the Mobile Switching Center (MSC). You’ll be participating in multi-functional projects and working in a collaborative environment with other passionate, highly-skilled team members to create a positive impact on our business.
- Coordinating installation, testing and troubleshooting on voice and data network platforms and transmission facilities (dark and lit fiber services, Gigabit Ethernet Services, EHB, OCn, T3, T1, and DSO).
- Assisting with maintaining system applications using traffic and capacity monitoring tools to track errors and keep network performing optimally.
- Monitoring building automated systems to maintain operation of network equipment such as AC/DC power systems and HVAC systems.
- Maintaining secure operating environment to ensure vendor safety and network integrity.
- Updating daily logs with site-specific information to track and maintain network changes.
- Composing reports for system documentation to maintain environmental compliance and safety standards.
Physical requirements of the job may include, but are not limited to: climbing stairs and ladders, working from elevated areas, lifting and carrying objects weighing up to approximately 40 pounds, pushing, pulling, grasping, twisting/bending, and crawling, squatting, or kneeling in small spaces.
What we’re looking for...
You’re tech savvy, and well-versed in all things telecommunications. Working independently is as comfortable for you as being part of a team. No stranger to a fast-paced environment, you manage multiple assignments, and competing priorities while staying focused on important deadlines. As a strong communicator, you can quickly build relationship with a diverse range of people and explain complex technical issues in a way that everyone can understand.
You'll need to have:
- Associate's degree or two or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingness to work on a 24x7 on-call rotation and work on a rotational night shift.
- In this worksite-based role, you'll work onsite at a definedlocation(s).
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the job, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- A technical degree in Electronics, Electronics Engineering, or Telecommunications.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- CCNA or JNCIA Certification.
- General knowledge in the use of electronic test equipment.
- General knowledge of transmission facilities (dark and lit fiber services, Ethernet, OCn, T3, T1, and DSO).
- General knowledge and understanding of routing protocols.
- Training or experience in any of the following areas: data communications, digital communications, operating systems and applications, telecommunications, networking or router support or working knowledge of DC power rectification and battery systems.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).