Systems Assurance Engineer ( 582896-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Join Verizon as we continue to expand our industry-leading network to improve the ways people, businesses, and things connect. Verizon is positioned to lead the “Fourth Industrial Revolution” (4IR) with the emergence of technologies like our best-in-class 5G network and the Internet of Things (IoT) to impact a wide variety of industries such as healthcare, education, manufacturing, public safety, government, and many others. We are in the midst of historic breakthroughs in connectivity and mobility to blend the physical and the digital through cutting-edge technologies such as virtual reality, augmented reality, artificial intelligence, autonomous vehicles, nanotechnologies, 3D printing, wearables, and advanced robotics. As part of this team, you will play a critical role in our network transformation through building a unified network across all lines of business and maintaining the technology that keeps millions of our customers connected.
As our Systems Assurance Engineer, you'll be responsible for the advanced installation, operation, and maintenance of switching, data communications, and peripheral equipment associated with the Mobile Switching Center (MSC). You’ll be participating in cross-functional projects and working in a collaborative environment with other passionate, highly-skilled team members to create a positive impact on our business.
- Coordinating installation, testing and troubleshooting on voice and data network platforms and transmission facilities (dark and lit fiber services, Gigabit Ethernet Services, OCn, T3, T1, and DSO).
- Assisting with maintaining system applications using traffic and capacity monitoring tools to track errors and keep network performing optimally.
- Monitoring building automated systems to maintain operation of network equipment such as AC/DC power systems and HVAC systems.
- Maintaining secure operating environment to ensure vendor safety and network integrity.
- Updating daily logs with site-specific information to track and maintain network changes.
- Composing reports for system documentation to maintain environmental compliance and safety standards.
Physical requirements of the job may include, but are not limited to: climbing stairs and ladders, working from elevated areas, lifting and carrying objects weighing up to approximately 40 pounds, pushing, pulling, grasping, twisting/bending, and crawling, squatting, or kneeling in small spaces.
Where you’ll be working…
In this worksite-based role, you'll work onsite at a defined location(s).
What we’re looking for...
You’re tech savvy, and well-versed in all things telecommunications. Working independently is as comfortable for you as being part of a team. No stranger to a fast-paced environment, you manage multiple assignments, and competing priorities while staying focused on important deadlines. As a strong communicator, you can quickly build relationship with a diverse range of people and explain complex technical issues in a way that everyone can understand.
You'll need to have:
- Associate's degree or two or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the job, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Willingness to travel.
- Willingness to work on a 24x7 on-call rotation and work on a rotational night shift.
Even better if you have:
- A technical degree in Electronics, Electronics Engineering, or Telecommunications.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Deep understanding and working knowledge of networking using Nokia and Cisco routers
- Deep understanding and working knowledge of transport/telco designs, troubleshooting and operations
- Has the ability to absorb technical information and apply it to day-to-day activities.
- Enjoys working in a regularly changing environment and helps with adoption change.
- Actively seeks to improve processes and drives for innovation.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).