Senior Systems Engineer – TS/SCI with Poly ( R-00070911 )
The National Solutions Group at Leidos is seeking an experienced, focused IT professional to serve as a Senior Systems Engineer. This is an exciting opportunity to apply your experience to support our customer’s mission. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting best-in-class Systems Engineering operations in a dynamic enterprise environment for a variety of customer driven emphasis items.
Qualified applicants must be self-motivated and able to perform expertly given consistently evolving priorities. The candidate will be required to work independently or under general supervision to collaboratively and constructively influence both internal and external organizations for strategic and operational decisions of program entities, Directorate Customers, and Industry Partners to achieve positive results. Applicants must be available to provide out-of-band support as required.
- Provide Systems Engineering expertise ensuring exceptional performance with a focus on service delivery improvements across the Customer’s mission IT ecosphere
- Develop highly innovative solutions to resolve complex problems involving limited and disparate information through application of technical knowledge, conceptualizing, reasoning and interpretation, and integration of best practices
- Serve as a Senior Systems Engineer interfacing with PM and division leadership to make comprehensive recommendations and develop executable strategies
- Advise and support system engineering transition requirements of large-scale systems, major system elements, and interfacing systems that are part of complex network environments with geographically distributed components
- Implement community policies and guidance consistent with information system requirement analysis, transition planning, and research and assistance
- Coordinate, facilitate, and verify service transitions across multiple environments including cloud infrastructures
- Facilitate and provide traceability between PMR, IBR, IMP, IMS, and design review processes in support of project deliverables
- Support business process improvement and proposal development activities
- Ensure mission operations and baseline stability throughout transition activities
- Provide systems engineering technical support to special projects as needed
- Other related supporting duties as required
- U.S. citizen with Current TS/SCI access and Polygraph
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) AND 12 -15 years of prior relevant experience OR a Masters Degree with 10 - 13 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Mission-specific technical knowledge and operations experience
- 5 or more years of experience managing large and complex projects in the customer environment including strategy and plan development, risk analysis, status reporting, and execution matrices
- Proven experience with one or more of the following procedural disciplines in an enterprise environment:
- Systems Engineering and Integration
- Project Management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and MS Project software suites
- Systems Engineering, Integration, and Test (SEIT) using the NSIS process framework
- ITIL Framework driven mission operations
- Ability to communicate effectively in technical and non-technical verbal and written correspondence with internal team members, customers, and external stake holders
- Expert knowledge of and ability to apply advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts in support of the ITIL Framework Service Transition process
- Ability to work independently or under generalized supervision with strong interpersonal and analytical skills
- Must be comfortable working on multiple systems and components simultaneously in various configurations.
- Must possess a solid understanding of secure systems engineering and development.
- Must be able to effectively plan and prioritize tasking and communicate clearly regarding technical options and trade-offs.