IBM ELM Systems Engineer ( R-00065089 )
Leidos has an exciting opportunity for an IBM ELM Systems Engineer to join our team
In this position you will have the opportunity to define and design the Integrated Digital Environment (IDE) that includes IBM Doors Next Generation and Test Manager for our NAVAIR customer. Provide software updates to the IBM ELM environment and recommend improvements necessary to ensure operation of our IBM ELM System is operable. Manages configuration and implements system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the IBM ELM system as used in our Integrated Digital Environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Define and execute system and software configuration management methods and tools for our IBM requirements system.
- Follow process to ensure the IBM ELM system is getting patched correctly and on time.
- Coordinate regularly with relevant Leidos departments, system contacts and stakeholders.
- Troubleshoot configuration and patch deployments when needed.
- Set up projects in DNG/Test Manager supporting Agile methodologies.
- Develops interfaces to the rest of the IDE that includes CAMEO Systems Modeler and JIRA.
- Implement metrics and reporting through configuration of the tools, including dashboards, and generation of ad hoc and standard reports.
- Works closely with the IBM ELM tools support from IBM via the IBM contacts.
- Work collaboratively with DNG user members applying Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
- Provide training and support for IBM ELM end-users.
- Bachelor’s degree (STEM) and a minimum of 5 years of related experience.
- A minimum of 3 years of software engineering and/or tool development work experience
- Ability to troubleshoot web applications including windows environmental issues.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, detail oriented, with strong organization and time management skills
- Must be fluent in both written and spoken engineering technical English
- Self-motivated and able to collaborate with a diverse set of people from many disciplines
- Eager to collaborate, learn and share with the team
- Good communication skills
- A minimum of 2 years of experience with one or more of the IBM ELM tools - Doors Next Generation, Test Manager, etc.
- Knowledge of CAMEO and JIRA.
- Experienced in software configuration management practices
- Experience with Java, Eclipse, OSLC, or relevant/comparable areas
- Experience with application serves, preferably IBM WebSphere
- Experience with both Linux and Windows operating systems