Cloud Systems Engineer - Active TS/SCI Required ( R-00066615 )
This Cloud Systems Engineer will work onsite in Suitland, MD. An active TS/SCI is required to be considered for this role.
This position will provide engineering and integration support of the Hopper NIPRNet Secure Cloud Computing Architecture (SCCA). This effort will provide support for research, design, testing, development and integration of cloud-based SCCA security components to support IL-5 NIPRNet requirements to be deployed using unclassified AWS cloud infrastructure and services.
The Hopper NIPRNet efforts will support Office of Naval Intelligence (ONI) adoption of the Intelligence Community Cloud (IC Cloud) thus aligning ONI with IC enterprise IT modernization efforts as outlined in the Intelligence Community Directive 121, Managing the Intelligence Community Information Technology Environment (IC ITE), envisioned in the IC IT Enterprise Strategy.
- Provide technical and engineering support to design a secure cloud computing architecture to operate on the DoD unclassified network (NIPRNet)
- Provide SCCA support to planned cloud application requirements including authentication and authorization of human or system access, cross-domain, and API requirements
- Ensure RMF accreditation requirements, processes, controls, inheritance and artifacts are met to support of achieving a DoD authorization to operate (ATO)
- Produce and maintain various deliverables such as data flow diagrams and other engineering documents.
- Work with Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) while performing tasks on networks, systems, applications and data and ensure the integrity of SCI data is maintained according to its prescribed format and structure.
Active TS/SCI clearance
AWS Developer Certification and/or Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP)
BS or MS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Information Systems
5+ years designing and developing cloud systems in AWS, Azure, and/or Google Cloud
Fluent in Python
1+ years of experience with IaC development
Familiar in building a commercial cloud environment, including familiarity with Virtual Datacenter Security Stack (VDSS), Virtual Datacenter Managed Services (VDMS), Trusted Cloud Credential Manager (TCCM) and Cloud Access Point (CAP) technical and security requirements.
Familiar in systems integration, networking, firewalls, authentication, auditing, host-based security and other aspects in support of an SCCA environment
Experience connecting NIPRNET DoD workloads to the Defense Information System Network (DISN) and DoD Information Network (DoDIN) and interface SCCA with DoD Cybersecurity Service Providers.
Knowledge of commercial and/or open-source security software tools; knowledge of cloud security technologies and practices
Intelligence Community Information Technology Environment (IC ITE)
DoD cloud computing security capabilities and direction
Navy’s enterprise cloud policies and programs.Pay Range: