Power Systems Engineer, ACEPS ( R-00066812 )
Leidos and the NISC Air Route Traffic Control Center Program support team are looking for a Power Systems Engineer. We are currently implementing a new Critical and Essential power system to modernize and improve the function of the system that provides conditioned power for NAS operations during commercial power outages.
The candidate will provide engineering support to the Power Services Group within the National Airspace Systems (NAS). The candidate will be called upon to design and conduct design reviews of electrical power systems, components, and equipment associated with the modernization, expansion and upgrade of complex power systems within the NAS. Electrical power systems may include combinations of more than one source of commercial power, auxiliary engine generators, power conditioning systems, uninterruptible power systems and complex switching and monitoring systems.
Supporting the development of electrical engineering implementation plans; acquiring/tracking information for site surveys; tracking of implementation and transition issues; and development of project timelines that identify/address critical facility needs. Additionally, the candidate will conduct design reviews of complex electrical/electronic systems; review, analyze and provide recommendations on the expansion and upgrade of complex electrical power systems; evaluate and/or generate electrical engineering cost estimates; and develop and maintain tracking and status information for power systems. Review vendor and installation contractor submittals and proposals.
- Electrical Engineer with an awareness of power systems and electrical engineering design experience.
- Competent in electrical engineering software and the use of AutoCAD, MS Project, and MS Office applications.
- A BS degree in Electrical Engineering with 4-6 years of prior relative experience is highly desired.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are a must as well as the ability to work pro-actively and productively in a fast paced, detail oriented environment; independently or as a member of a team.
- Some travel will be required.
- An understanding of Power Systems and Power Systems implementation is preferred.
- Experience in emergency / backup and standby power systems is desired.
- Experience and/or certification in Project Management is also desired.