Senior Systems Engineer / DHMSM ( R-00067707 )
The DHMSM program provides modernization of Electronic Health Record (EHR) capabilities for the Department of Defense. The Leidos Partnership for Defense Health (LPDH) is seeking candidates for the engineering team to support a number of positions to define, implement, deploy and sustain new capabilities for the MHS GENESIS DoD EHR system.
The DHMSM program is looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to plan, direct and manage a team of Systems Administrators and Systems Engineers. The individual is responsible for coordinating aspects of planning, design, development, documenting, securing, implementation, maintenance, and evaluation of health information systems. Daily duties include but are not limited to managing team of system administrators and database administrators; determining specifications required for building and configuring virtual machines; monitoring and optimizing server performance; troubleshooting servers, database and networking issues; identify and offer solutions to gaps in capabilities; managing monthly security patching cycles; working with cyber team to ensure adherence to DOD cybersecurity policies and maintaining security posture of systems based on DOD RMF framework; develop Plans of Action and Milestones (POA&Ms) for vulnerability remediation; develop documentation to support and maintain system accreditations; ensure; act as technical SME to provide inputs to new business opportunities.
*** Provide 24x7x365 oversight responsibility to ensure availability and quality of information services.
- Requires BS degree and 12-15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10-13 years of prior relevant experience
- US Citizen with the ability to obtain an ADP IT-II Public Trust based on the minimum of a Tier 3 investigation. Contract requirement.
- Extensive experience with Windows and Linux-based IT systems
- Knowledge of integration and troubleshooting techniques
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills; ability to communicate verbally and in writing with all levels of management
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to make sound decisions and solve complex business and technical issues
- Experience with large-scale implementation of Electronic Health Record system
- Deep technical understanding of core and emerging technologies
- Familiar with BMC and Splunk tools
- Familiar with Service Now ITSM tool