Windows Systems Engineer ( R-00069804-OTHLOC-PL-2D0230 )
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has a continuing requirement for Secure Enterprise Network Systems, Services, & Support (SENS3) for the continued operations and maintenance and evolution of the Homeland Secure Data Network (HSDN) and the Classified Local Area Network (C-LAN).
This position will specifically support the Homeland Identities, Targeting and Exploitation Center (HITEC) program. HITEC maintains a non-attributed network entitled DHS Enterprise Forensic Exploitation Network and Data Repository (DEFENDR). DEFENDR is a stand-alone, dirty/Malware network system. This position will provide support for maintaining and enhancing the DEFENDR infrastructure as well as the day to maintenance and helpdesk support for troubleshooting the malware and forensic applications on the workstations connected to DEFENDR. Knowledge of working with and maintaining a dirty/malware network using innovative technology. Experience in implementing and supporting high end Data Storage.
- Perform best practice desktop engineering support for an enterprise environment consisting primarily of Windows desktops/servers.
- Perform application packaging, deployments, documentation, and release control in an enterprise IT environment.
- Perform secure baseline image creation, testing, and deployment for multiple hardware configurations.
- Perform OS installation, patching, updates, and upgrades for Windows desktops/servers.
- Leverage expertise with technologies such as SCCM, Group Policy, Microsoft Deployment Toolkit, Active Directory and PowerShell.
- Provide advice, technical consultation, and Tier 3 support guidance by analyzing and resolving problems and evaluating alternative means of satisfying user requirements.
- Engage in requirements gathering and validation with stakeholder groups to understand and address current needs across the desktop and server environments, as well as emerging/future trends.
- Research, test, and deploy security patches and vulnerability mitigation and remediation configuration changes.
- Provide after-hours and weekend support for reported outages.
- Create and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and technical documentation.
- Effectively support a blend of operational and test network engineering/administration activities.
- Requires BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience; additional experience in lieu of degree accepted. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Minimum of five years of relevant IT work experience.
- Perform hardware and software technology refreshes, ensuring milestone compliance.
- Proficient understanding of technology areas such as VMware VCenter, in addition to Windows 10 OS and Microsoft Office (2019 and 365)
- Fundamental understanding Image creation, maintenance, testing and deployment.
- Hands-on experience implementing DoD STIG requirements and patch and update/vulnerability mitigation
- Proficient with troubleshooting Window 10 OS computing environment
- Hands-on experience with reviewing system logs and events to resolve issues
- Demonstrated analytical approach to solve complex problems in a large-scale, and multi datacenter environment.
- Develop and provide solutions to complex technical issues and problems that impact testing and production computing enclaves.
- Demonstrate the ability to manage data backup and recovery evolutions as required.
- Experienced with creating and managing critical system work instruction and Standard Operating Procedure documentation.
- Experience with creating and managing Active Directory, Group Policy Objects, MS Server Operating systems
- Experience using SCCM, VMware, HyperV, Linux CentOS