Systems Engineer - Mission Planning ( R-00069965 )
Join a fast growing, solutions driven, dynamic organization and take your experience to the next level! Leidos has an immediate opportunity for a Systems Engineer to provide engineering support to the Airspace Mission Planning Division, Hanscom AFB, MA. The engineering team includes engaged subject matter experts (SMEs) and a Program Manager (PM) providing leadership to identify and propose solutions to the clients, peer engineers, and end users. This position will elevate skills and experiences to support our full-scope mission planning efforts. OJT is combined with annual educational opportunities to continue the development of the engineer. We are seeking a self-starter that likes taking on challenges and being a leader with engineering solutions; a person that collaborates well in teams and likes to work toward consensus within each team. The enterprise is embracing leading edge methodologies for Agile and Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).
- Serve as a SE and SME for Mission Planning software development.
- Serve as an Agile Product Manager/Systems Engineer with a collection of products representing the client stakeholders to the development team to include product vision, design, development, testing and sustainment.
- Creating Technical Requirements Backlogs, Statements of Work, Contract Data Requirements Lists and other documentation in support of new Mission Planning Delivery Orders.
- Coordinating with enterprise stakeholders to prioritize product backlogs for sprints and releases.
- Generating Mission Threads, Use Cases and requirements packages as applicable and managing those requirements and their traceability. Identify and manage internal and external dependencies.
- Analyzing software development metrics, report results and recommend corrective actions.
- Utilizing common Mission Planning processes while facilitating a continuous learning culture to help drive improvement of those processes. Understanding and leveraging an Enterprise Product approach to identify requirements that represent a gap in capabilities and opportunities for reuse. Report the technical status of product development to the key stakeholders.
- Evaluating technical proposals and other technical data items, to include architecture, requirements documents, designs, test plans/reports, and process descriptions.
- Representing the Government customer in Product Management (with content authority for the Program Backlog), responsible for identifying Customer needs, prioritizing Features, guiding the work through the Program level processes and developing the program Vision and Roadmap consistent with the Solution Intent and Context. Collaborating to ensure appropriate value is being provided via working software and products (including documentation). Attend Product Owner Scrum meetings and participate in Program Increment (PI) planning events. Also, support the Engineering role as an individual or part of a small team that defines a shared technical and architectural vision for the System/Solution under development. Participate in determining the system, subsystems, and interfaces, validate technology assumptions and evaluate alternatives while working closely with other Agile Release Trains (ARTs) and Solution Trains.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related technical discipline and 4-8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2-6 years of prior relevant experience.
- A current US Secret security clearance.
- Demonstrable knowledge of fundamental engineering concepts and experience in applying these concepts to software-intensive systems.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required to collaborate with customer representatives, domain experts, and other engineers in the development of complex software systems.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project).
- Experience with Scrum at Scale or SAFe Agile processes is highly desired.
- Experience with Jira, Jira Align, and Confluence is highly desired.
- Operational mission systems planning experience is a plus.
- General familiarity of the DoD system development and acquisition processes.
- General familiarity with DoD technical order system and processes.