Systems Engineer ( R-00072052 )
The Homeland Security Solutions Operation within the Intelligence Group at Leidos currently has an opening for an Senior Systems Engineer (SSE) to work at the USCG data center in Alexandria, Virginia. The SSE will collaborate with the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) United States Coast Guard’s Command, Control, Communications, Computer, Cyber and Intelligence Service Center (C5ISC) – Alexandria, VA in providing enhanced systems engineering services for all infrastructure managed services (IMS) that empower all 65,000 end users (EUs) to successful execute the USCG’s eleven mandatory missions. Ultimately, Leidos will support the C5ISC in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve network capabilities and services while decreasing life cycle costs and improving the EU experience.
The SSE will be part of the Engineering Team supporting the C5ISC - Infrastructure Support Division (ISD) in Alexandria, VA. The SSE will play a key role in supporting the C5ISC IMS program as the USCG looks to modernize its IT Enterprise into a COCO managed services model. Part of this role will be supporting the C5ISC in the technical planning and full lifecycle design, development, and integration in support of the C5I enterprise. Standard engineering methodologies, processes, and tools will be used to perform problem solving, solution design, integration and test preparation, risk assessment and mitigation planning, and related activities. Functional responsibilities include requirements analysis, implementation planning, subcontractor coordination, integration & test, sustainment, documentation, deployment, & system assessment. Although this is a technical/engineering position, communication and interpersonal skills are crucial in this role. The candidate will be expected to interface with Government personnel, subcontractors, and management to identify required activities, perform collaborative planning, review deliverables, and resolve issues. The SSE will also assist in evaluating organization's security posture and services and ensuring approved processes and procedures are followed through review and audit activities in accordance with DoD and C5ISC security policies.
- Bachelor's Degree with 8 to 12 years of prior relevant experience OR Master's Degree with 6 to 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Position requires an active DoD Secret security clearance, with ability to obtain a TS/SCI.
- Bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, or related engineering/technical discipline with 8+ years of relevant software engineering experience; or a Master’s degree with 6+ years software engineering experience.
- Possess the knowledge and experience to perform complex and difficult system and specialty engineering tasks with no supervision.
- Experience in leading and mentoring a small team of system engineers.
- Proficiency with Java.
- Experience with a version control system (e.g., Git); issue/problem tracking system (e.g., Jira); and continuous integration environments (Jenkins).
- Knowledge of service-oriented architectures and distributed computing architectures.
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies.
- Familiarity with server infrastructure products: VMware / WebLogic Server
- Operating Environments: Linux / Windows
- Experience with one or more of the following development tools: JDK / Oracle DBMS / Oracle WebLogic Server / SQLPlus / Eclipse
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- DoD Approved 8570 Baseline Certifications for IAM II; IAT Levell III: CASP+ CE, CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP, GCED, GCIH, or CCSP
- Understanding of private and hybrid cloud architectures and technologies and Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP) and DISA milCloud environments.
- Recommend changes to ensure information systems' reliability, prevent, and defend against unauthorized access to systems, networks, and data establishing security controls to promote awareness and adoption of security best practices.
- TS Clearance; SCI eligible
- Knowledge and understanding of multiple engineering disciplines (Integration, Software, etc.)
- Experience Report and/or technical writing experience
- MS degree in Systems Engineering; Computer Science or related field