Systems Engineer/Senior Technical Documentation Writer
Leidos is seeking a Senior Systems Engineering Technical Documentation Writer. The successful candidate will be leading the development (writing, editing, proofreading and/or providing writing support) of technical manuals updates. The candidate will be responsible for creating and modifying technical diagrams using tools such as Visio or Microsoft PowerPoint; reviewing technical changes; and providing editorial changes per FAA documentation standards. Air Traffic knowledge or experience is preferred, but not required. This position could be located at the William J Hughes Technical Center in Atlantic City New Jersey or Leidos facility in Rockville Maryland or virtual. Candidate will be required to represent Leidos to the FAA customer in a positive manner, demonstrating exceptional communication skills, flexibility and adaptability in adjusting to shifting work requirements in an environment that can be fast-paced.
Technical Documentation Writer/Editor Responsibilities:
• Developing technical documentation and performing lab validation for review and approval by FAA Second Level Engineering personnel.
• Establish and maintain a direct working relationship with FAA Technical Manuals representatives responsible for the FAA systems fielded by Leidos.
• Work with the customer and internal departments to gather information used in the development of various forms of technical documentation for the Enterprise Information Display System (E-IDS) program.
• Ability to translate technical and complex information and requirements into user-friendly E-IDS technical documentation.
• Experience developing and testing written procedures in a lab environment.
• Develop new documentation, stylesheets, and graphics. Also have the ability to update existing documentation.
• Provide weekly status updates used to develop productivity metrics. Assist in developing charts and presentations.
• Requires a Bachelor’s degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with minimum of 6+ years of prior relevant experience.
• Demonstrated direct experience developing and implementing large-scale technical changes on compressed schedule deadlines.
• Demonstrated ability to work without appreciable direction, modulating schedule to meet and exceed schedule targets.
• Working knowledge of XML editor (i.e., MadCap Flare).
• Demonstrated ability to review and provide editorial comments for content developed by other team members.