Systems Engineer-Sustainment Engineer ( R-00072554 )
UNLEASH YOUR POTENTIAL
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
The Defense Group at Leidos is a Systems Engineer Journeyman to provide sustaining engineering and product lifecycle management support for multiple Force Protection System (FPS) Family of Systems (FOS) to the IBD-SS program.
The Defense Group provides a diverse portfolio of systems, solutions, and services covering land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace for customers worldwide. Solutions for Defense include enterprise and mission IT, large-scale intelligence systems, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, logistics, training, and intelligence analysis and operations support. Our team is solving the world’s toughest security challenges for customers with “can’t fail” missions. To explore and learn more, click here!
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
We are looking for a motivated self-starter who want to join a team dedicated to excellence and continuous progress.
The successful candidate will join our sustaining engineering team to provide support to our operations team by documenting current systems and configurations and ensure system updates are received and implemented. The
successful candidate will review failures in conjunction with our failure analysis lead to look for any failure trends to suggest for rework. Familiarity with systems associated with the Non-Intrusive Inspection Systems (NIIS) is required.
These systems include the AS&E ZBV Backscatter Van, AS&E Backscatter Vehicle Mounted Trailer (BVMT), Mobile Vehicle And Cargo Inspection Systems (MVACIS), Military Mobile Vehicle and Cargo Inspection System (MMVACIS),
Relocatable Vehicle And Cargo Inspection System (RVACIS), Mobile Vehicle And Cargo Inspection GT Trailer-Mounted Scanning System (VACIS-GT), Rapiscan Gantry system, SmartCheck Inspection Module System (SIMS), SmartCheck Inspection Module High Throughput (SIMH), Rapiscan Secure 1000 X-ray Security Inspection System – Single Pose (SP), xray based baggage scanners, x-ray based parcel scanners, walk-through metal detectors and associated technologies is required.
• Document current system status and composition and prepare engineering change documentation for
• Collaborate with IBD-SS team members from engineering, training, logistics, and operational support as well as
government customers and representatives to facilitate operational improvements and provide reach-back
support to perform troubleshooting, maintenance, documentation distribution, sparing, and health reports
• Address diminishing manufacturing sources and materiel shortages in conjunction with the IBD-SS logistics team.
WHAT SETS YOU APART
• BA/BS with 5-8+ years of experience. Additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of the degree. (12
total years of applicable experience in lieu of a degree.)
• US Secret security clearance required.
YOU MIGHT ALSO HAVE:
Experience with the Teamcenter product lifecycle management tool is strongly desired.
• Ability to use the Solid Works computer-assisted drawing suite is desired.
• Experience writing technical documentation, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and creating training
• Experience preparing Engineering Change Proposals (ECP) and Technical Data Packages (TDP).
• Experience conducting Level of Repair Analysis (LORA) for commercial off-the-shelf (COS) products.