Senior BICES Systems Engineer ( R-00073676 )
The Defense Group of Leidos has an opening for a Sr. Systems Engineer to work on customer site supporting a DoD program that designs, implements, operates, and manages coalition networks around the world. The individual will provide technical advice and recommendations for network, systems, virtualization, storage, software, and security solutions to create information sharing environments for C2 products with U.S. and foreign military organizations. The Sr. Systems Engineer will assist in the design, development, test, and fielding support for BICES and SABRE (Secret and Below Releasable) environments, and will also be a key interface to Leidos capture team for the Architecture Engineering and Integration (AE&I) team.
- Provide Enterprise Architecture Support including technical advice and recommendations on solutions to federate to mission partners
- Provide technical advice and architectural design recommendations in assessing and evaluating appropriate interfaces or integration points between emerging Enterprise constructs such as the DI2E, JIE and MPE
- Perform system integration support in the BICES Integration and Test Laboratory.
- Assist in the evaluation of system operational design, system integration, and configurations in accordance with applicable DoD and International standards and policies;
- Assist maintaining the code and documentation repository for each software release;
- Assist with provide IA implementation and sustainment support during software upgrades and patch developments, integration, analysis, testing, certification, fielding, and operations.
- Evaluate components and processes, determine design approaches and parameters, analyze equipment to establish operating data, conducts experimental tests and evaluate results
- Perform engineering and IT technical analyses for all phases of the Information Technology Information Library (ITIL) cycle, including Service Strategy, Service Design, Service Transition, Service Operations and Continuous Improvement.
- Review completion and implementation of system additions and/or enhancements and makes recommendations to management and/or clients. Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
- Determine system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
- Identify, analyze, and resolve system problems.
- Serve as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
- Relevant experience with complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
- Individual should be cognizant, familiar and have recent experience in one or more areas including but not limited to DoD Architectural Framework, NATO FMN, DISA (MNIS), JIE or DI2E, BICES, SABRE, and CFBLNet
- Bachelor of Science in engineering, science, or technology related field and minimum of 8 years of network engineering experience
- Relevant experience with technical planning, system hardware-software-network design, development and integration, verification and validation, and fielding.
- Ability to effectively present technical information to reviewers in oral and written formats
- U.S. Citizen with active TS/SCI security clearance
- Experience developing and directing tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
- Supervisory guidance and work leadership of less-experienced systems engineers.
- Master’s degree in engineering, business, science, or technology
- Business Development experience, and ability to transfer knowledge to AE&I capture team
- Experience with network migration planning and execution
- Knowledge of the BICES X program
- Experience in systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
- Experience with FMN Protected Core Networking (PCN) and Cloud environments.
- Currently possess DoD 8570.01M certification at IAT Level II, such as CompTIA Security+ CE
- Currently possess Computing Environment certification such as :
- CCNA, CCNP, or other network certification
- MCSE or other Microsoft certification
- VMware Certified Professional
- Any Agile, ITIL or SCRUM certification.
- Ability to develop, test, and integrate code and scripts
- Hands-on experience with Cross-domain systems
- Knowledge and understanding of Trusted Network Environment (TNE)
- 2+ years of experience supporting Cybersecurity Operations, Information Assurance, and/or security engineering assessing and accrediting classified systems (e.g., DoD Instruction (DoDI) 8510.01, Risk Management Framework (RMF) for DoD Information Technology (IT)