Sr. IT Systems Engineer ( R-00074321-OTHLOC-PL-2D2605 )
Are you interested in improving and shaping the IT industry? Leidos is seeking a Senior IT Systems Engineer with a specialization in UNIX who is motivated by variety, is seeking a challenging environment for professional growth, and is interested in supporting an Investor Owned Utility client. Leidos has supported a long-term customer in all areas of IT operations since the client’s first outsourcing engagement over 20 years ago.
The successful candidate will work as part of our team supporting a long-term program for an Investor Owned Utility client.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
- Leading the design, roll out and transitioning to new environments / systems as older environments are sunset.
- Script creation to enhance and/or automate the conversion process to new environments (ksh, Bash scripting).
- General UNIX / Linux troubleshooting and root cause analysis
- Provide key Operating System design support for application projects utilizing both agile and waterfall development methods.
- Provide key Operating System design support for Web applications and middleware (Tomcat, Java, WebLogic)
- UNIX / Linux / Solaris application support
- Client / Customer documentation of project and support work
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with 10+ years UNIX / Linux experience. High school diploma with additional years experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- 5+ Years Shell Scripting Experience
- 5+ Year supporting UNIX / Linux Middleware applications (Tomcat, Java, Weblogic)
- 3+ Years supporting application & database connections (TIBCO, SQL, Oracle)
- 3+ Years working with AutoSys application jobs
- Experience with performance tuning
- Experience with encryption and transfer protocols (SSL / TLS, FTP)
- Experience in the monitoring and execution of jobs in a UNIX environment
- Experience with P2R Software preferred