Senior Systems Integration & Test Engineer -Air Traffic ( R-00072488-OTHLOC-PL-2D2334 )
Leidos is seeking a Senior Systems Integration & Test Engineer who will be a member of a dynamic team working on the Federal Aviation Administration's (FAA's) En Route Automation Modernization (ERAM) technology. ERAM is the heart of the Next Generation Air Transportation System (NextGen) and the pulse of the National Airspace System, helping to advance our transition from a ground-based system of air traffic control to a satellite-based system of air traffic management.
ERAM is vital to the future of air navigation, providing the foundational platform required for the FAA to enable NextGen solutions, via modernization programs such as System Wide Information Management (SWIM), Data Communications (Data Comm), and Automatic Dependent Surveillance-Broadcast (ADS-B). ERAM will provide benefits for users and the flying public by increasing air traffic flow.
Responsibilities both independently and as a team member:
• Modernizing the air traffic control tower equipment by improving the exchange of electronic flight data and implementing electronic flight strips
• Developing Change Request Verification (CRV) test plans and procedures
• Developing, testing, and validating test scenarios
• Executing tests in the Lab and Virtual Test Lab (VTL)
• Performing data analysis necessary to verify test results and Problem Report (PR) fixes
• Identifying, debugging, and resolving software and system issues, working across the various system functions and threads
• Writing tools/productivity aids to help manage the various systems
• Creating scripts/tools to automate log analysis and system recovery actions
• System Owner Support
• Manage and own issues in multiple labs/deployed systems in multiple locations Actively work with system owner leadership to manage the fix flow and release deployment in the deployed system
• Develop and implement release management strategies and procedures
• Delivering high quality work products on or ahead of schedule
• Meeting or exceeding all individual and team objectives/milestones
• Following all documented test processes and using the most efficient methods to deliver a quality product.
• Learning system architecture, design, functions and capabilities to support the integration and test of the new capabilities and enhancements.
• Participate in wide-ranging engineering activities: requirements analysis, solution development, verification and validation as well as deployment.
• Delve into and engage across multiple System Engineering domains (Infrastructure and Applications) with a focus on analytics, system functionality and customer satisfaction as the architecture evolves and matures over the software development lifecycle.
• Modernizing the air traffic control tower equipment by improving the exchange of electronic flight data and implementing electronic flight strips.
• Streamlining the schedule sequence of departures to improve efficiency on the surface.
• Optimizing the experience for the flying public, Air Traffic Control, and the airline industry by improving the collaboration and decision-making capabilities between the gate and the tower.
• Requires Bachelors of Computer Science or BS Mathematics degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience.
• Candidate must be able to obtain an SF-85P Public Trust clearance from the FAA customer.
• The successful candidate will possess advanced integration skills and the ability to work independently in the following categories of integration:
• A good academic understanding and/or exposure to system engineering practices to contribute to and/or assist with system integration, requirements engineering, operational and decision analysis, systems definition, requirements baseline control and management.
• New system functionality integration
• PR verification
• Regression testing
• Data Reduction & Analysis
• Analyzing identified issues and helping to determine a solution with System Engineering and Software Engineering
• UNIX and Linux operating systems expertise
• Strong communication skills
• Problem Determination
• Air Traffic Knowledge