Sr. Systems Engineer ( R-00074832 )
This role provides technical expertise and collaboration across an Agile team to ensure implementation of overall systems engineering best practices. This role reports to the programs Chief Systems Engineer and supports software systems development, including documenting system requirements, interfaces, and data sources. This role supports technical planning, development, integration, and verification and validation. This role refines customer roadmaps, enterprise epics, and strategic requirements into detailed requirements and actionable user stories to be delivered by the entire team. This role coordinates with the team leadership to prioritize user stories that realize customer requirements.
- This role is responsible for technical planning, system hardware-software-network design, development and integration, verification and validation, and fielding.
- Evaluates alternatives including cost and risk, supportability and analyses for total systems.
- Duties include performing systems requirements analysis, functional analysis, timeline analysis, trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition, technical management, integration, system testing, and quality assurance.
- Design, build, test and maintain scalable and stable technology solutions to meet mission system monitoring needs
- Perform automation tasks through scripting and testing Leverage AWS in the development and hosting of system solutions
- Create documentation to include flowcharts, diagrams, manuals and any other required or requested deliverables.
- Participate and contribute in the entire implementation process for new applications and enhancements to existing applications
- Use the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology to document requirements, configure, test, implement and support efficient solutions
- Derive an understanding of system requirements from stakeholder needs
- Resolve highly complex multi-domain systems issues
- Support implementation and adherence to enterprise standards for initiatives such as CI/CD, Agile development/testing, low-high development, and configuration management
- Possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge of how to design, integrate, and manage complex systems over their life cycles across key tasks and high impact assignments.
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience planning and leading major technology assignments.
- Experience evaluating performance results and recommending major changes affecting short-term project growth and success.
- Experience as a technical expert across multiple project assignments.
- Experience collaborating with multiple teams on all aspects of the development life cycle.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience translating customer needs into detailed technical requirements.
- Candidate must have BS with 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience. Will consider work experience in lieu of a degree.
- Candidate must have an active TS/SCI with a polygraph.
- Candidate must be US Citizen.