Principal Systems Performance Engineer ( 588978-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
We promise our customers the most reliable coverage across the country, and you’ll make sure we deliver on that promise. You’ll be a technical leader and authority in network performance for a large geographic area, proactively identifying new ways to improve speed and quality, and helping to resolve our most complex problems. We’ve got a growing customer base using more devices every day, and their expectations are high—you’ll play a key role in making sure they’re never disappointed.
- Monitoring the system’s performance, including network LTE, 1x, and EVDO metrics, and finding ways to make improvements or mitigate potential problems.
- Resolving service-impacting issues, sometimes using non-traditional, out-of-the-box solutions.
- Investigating and resolving customer complaints, often through drive testing, field visits, and efforts to replicate the customer experience.
- Working cross-functionally to deploy and optimize components for best efficiency and reliability.
- Owning the investigation of Root Metrics/Baseline/Nielsen, and the coordination and implementation of complex network directives.
- Crafting pre- and post-cell site/carrier add templates and checklists for LTE & CDMA, also making sure site/carriers are properly integrated into network and optimized for peak performance.
- Establishing procedures and providing direction and reminders to applicable groups.
- Working with all Network Performance (NP) engineers to integrate new site locations/equipment and optimizing surround sites as new sites are turned on.
- Anticipating and understanding new technologies and features as it pertains to configuring and deploying strategies.
- Continued network optimization accounting for new deployments and anticipating new features.
- Leading peers as they perform work associated with optimization.
- Sharing lessons learned to further develop team skills.
- Provide strategic capacity management for the local team and ensuring plans align to needs for budget and design purposes.
- Managing Samsung OAM database integrity.
- Identifying and auditing 4G and 5G performance-impacting parameters via application of data science techniques and big data analytics.
- Testing and validating parameter enforcement algorithms and in collaboration with the HQ, managing their implementation in Network Performance tools for nationwide adoption.
- Maximizing the capabilities of CBRS and LAA technologies as Verizon approaches capacity and lack of spectrum in the 4G world.
- Leveraging the coverage, capacity, and throughput capabilities of 5G technology.
- 5G mmW, Nationwide, and C-band feature testing, and providing guidance to HQ, vendors, and submarkets.
- Evaluating the results and determining where to deploy the new features while applying machine and deep learning models.
- Understanding how these additional features interact with our current deployment.
- Setting standards across the submarket for SP-related process improvements.
- Working with Assurance and SP peers on proper expectations of systems based on RF designs and HQ ME directives.
This is a hybrid role and will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of RF, NP, NA, and Transport practices.
- Knowledge of data science, SQL, Python.
- A valid driver's license.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree.
- Knowledge of IrisView, nGenius One, IntelliSight, or Brix.
- Familiarity with the use of VI, BGW, and Workflow Manager tools.
- Knowledge of CCP, SAP, WRBA, or Front Door Implementation Process, IPM Firewall, or IDN/VMN Firewall requests.
- Experience with OBIEE reports, IBM Cognos, Splunk, Tableau, Minitab, MS-Visio, or MS-Project.
- Expert-level proficiency in Tableau.
- Expert-level knowledge of USM, AIRWAVE, DMAT, FUZE/VPI and ATOLL.
Our benefits are designed to help you move forward in your career, and in areas of your life outside of Verizon. From health and wellness benefits, short term incentives, 401 (k) Savings Plan, stock incentive programs, paid time off, parental leave, adoption assistance and tuition assistance, plus other incentives,we’ve got you covered with our award-winning total rewards package. For part-timers, your coverage will vary as you may be eligible for some of these benefits depending on your individual circumstances.
If you are hired into a Connecticut work location, the compensation range for this position is between $105,000 and $195,000 based on a full-time schedule. The salary will vary depending on your location and confirmed job-related skills and experience. This is an incentive based position with the potential to earn more. For part-time roles, your compensation will be adjusted to reflect your hours.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).