WIN-T INC 2 Baseband Technical Modernization Rep.
The Defense Group at Leidos has an opportunity for a WIN-T INC 2 Baseband TMR to support Warfighter Readiness Program at Fort Drum NY. This position will provide field support, training and logistics for On the Move (INC2) systems.
- In support of specified Warfighter Readiness requirements, perform Total Package Fielding (TPF) functions IAW AR and DA PAM 700-142 with the gaining unit/organization in CONUS/OCONUS at unit home stations, TDY locations, and/or during field missions.
- Travel to customer locations to assess unit equipment fielding needs and provide unique systems configurations/solutions to match the fielding requirements and ensure operability.
- Interface directly with Government customers as the primary technical Subject Matter Expert (SME) on WIN-T INC 2 systems.
- Maintain a "Face to Face" presence with internal and external customers to ensure support elements are responding to unit requirements.
- Represent parent/supported organization, and at meetings, provide continual communication on situations, pro-actively identify and resolve problems before they become critical.
- Develop and maintain solid working relationships with partners and unit representatives to identify, quantify, their requirements, and develop practical solutions.
- When applicable, provide follow-up communication with written direction and feedback.
- Clearly communicate, orally and in writing, discussions, meetings, IPRs, IPTs, briefings, & through electronic media on a reoccurring basis.
- Represent parent/supported organization by attending required meetings, briefings and conferences as requested and reporting results back to GTL.
- Perform joint system check out of each system installation as required.
- Conduct technical analysis for system implementations, modifications, and potential enhancements.
- Perform de-installations, installations, and handoffs for specified systems.
- Compile and implement technical data procedures and software release patches for government customers.
- Implement Field Technical Guide updates and/or Maintenance Work Orders as required.
- Troubleshoot system problems and/or integration issues, determine system solution in accordance with customer needs, and recommend actions to customer for system solutions.
- Perform engineering assessments of new equipment and software upgrades for integration into required systems.
- Conduct “train the trainer” events for partners and units/individuals.
- Provide delivery of instruction through both field and classroom training/operation.
- When required, work shall be done at night and in inclement weather.
- When applicable, coordinate classroom set-up to support each individual class.
- Provide modernization instruction on the operations and maintenance of supported systems, standard and non-standard systems and equipment.
- Serve as primary fielders, installers, instructors, assistant instructors, and/or demonstrators.
- Bachelor's degree with 2 or more years hands on experience on related WIN-T systems. Additional directly related experience can offset the degree requirements.
- Active DoD Secret security clearance.
Ideal Candidate will be experienced in two or more of the below functional areas:
- Understands/familiar with Layer 2 concepts (VLANs, MAC Addressing)
- Understands/familiar with Layer 3 concepts (Routing protocols (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, DMVPN), IP subnetting)
- Understands/familiar with TCP/IP protocol model/OSI reference model
- Understands/familiar with command line interface and syntax of Cisco, Brocade, and Windows operating systems
Network Operations, Security, and Administration
- Understands/familiar with IA and Network Security technologies (network scanning, Firewalls, Host and Network Intrusion Prevention and Detection)
- Understands/familiar with Network Operations (configuration management, network monitoring, fault isolation and remediation)
- Understands/familiar with Windows Server (installation, configuration, operation)
- Understands/familiar with virtualization technologies (installation, configuration, operation of ESXi and VMWare)
- Understands/familiar with Frequency Division Multiple Access and Time Division Multiple Access transmission environments
- Understands/familiar with Radio Frequency and Satellite Communications theory
- Understands/familiar with electronic maintenance actions; preventative maintenance, services, testing and diagnostics
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.