Engineer III Consultant - Technical Project Management
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
You will work closely with functional HR teams and IT to manage projects for internal customers. You’ll manage the process from needs assessment, product design and development, through product testing and implementation. You will assist with HRIS projects, manage status reporting to drive results and meet deadlines and assist with manual processes and data entry as required. You’ll need to be able to translate business requirements into Workday solutions with clear technical specifications and plan and test products/system enhancements, troubleshoot production issues, and retest fixes. In this position you will also need to communicate and present to leadership.
- Understanding of Workday configurable security, constrained vs unconstrained security groups, domains, domain security policies and default recruiting roles.
- Experience with recruiting tenant setup.
- Understanding of Workday business process framework and experience in creating condition rules and validation conditions.
- Experience configuring job application and job posting templates, questions and questionnaires, career sites, candidate grid, help texts, guided tours, step label and dynamic action label overrides, condition rules, automatic stage routing, dispositioning, custom notifications.
- Understanding of job profiles, evergreen requisitions, confidential requisitions and experience configuring job requisitions and job postings related business processes
- Experience configuring the dynamic job application business process and recruiting sub-processes.
- Experience with Workday Docs functionality for offer letters and employment agreements generation.
- Understanding of Workday duplicate management framework and experience with merging/unmerging records.
- Experience with Workday report writer tool for building custom reports to meet business requirements.
Where you'll be working:
This is a work from home role with occasional in-person meetings and training.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with Workday configuration.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree.
- Ability to configure Workday Recruiting and recommend streamlined, user-friendly, automated solutions.
- Ability to build Workday reports and run them.
- Ability to write and execute Workday test scenarios.
- Ability to resolve issues with minimal direction.
- Experience in Human Resources (preferably HRIS) or IT.
- Experience with the agile methodology.
- Experience in PeopleSoft Recruiting.
- Ability to understand business needs and respond with the best technology solutions.
- Strong partnership skills that build results-oriented relationships with customers.
- Experience with JIRA.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.