Technical Solution Architecture Consultant
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Comprised of passionate and forward-thinking leaders, the New Business Incubation team includes ecosystem builders and industry experts in location technology, robotics, digital twins, fleet management, energy transformation, industrial IoT and other emergent technologies. With a belief that the autonomous future sits at the intersection of intelligent networking, devices and software, the team is working to shepherd customers through their digitization journeys to enable the connection, management and operation of physical and digital elements needed for the Industry 4.0 future. The combination of these technologies will transform Industry to deliver new levels of efficiency, intelligence and business outcomes in productivity, experiences and safety.
As Technical Solution Architecture Consultant, you will support all strategy driven by the head of the new sensor business in Verizon’s New Business Incubation unit. You will be supporting the new business, product, and technical capability inside NBI, which will leverage Verizon’s 5G network and Intelligent Edge Network (Mobile Edge Compute) to power orchestration for the autonomous future indoors and outdoors including support for robotic sensor arrays, fixed and mobile IoT both indoors and outdoors.
In this role you will be doing solution demonstrations (e.g., in-person, web, trade shows), proof-of-concept development and demonstration, opportunity and account planning and management. This position plays a vital role in assisting with establishing, qualifying and supporting all sales opportunities for the new business unit and also creating new solutions leveraging Verizon’s 5G network and MEC architecture.
- Helping to build and scale NBI’s Sensor Fusion team to deliver transformational revenue growth and product leadership.
- Establishing and executing the strategy for NBI’s sensor fusion capabilities and business opportunities across the diverse technology businesses already in place and the new ones to come.
- Aligning the diverse sensor ingestion and processing approaches within NBI to execute a unified sensor fusion strategy designed to enable the business strategy.
- Facilitating communication across the department by leading all-hands and sub-department leadership meetings.
- Providing technical sales support for the sales team.
- Developing prospect specific proof-of-concept demonstrations.
- Participating in the opportunity discovery process to identify and document business and technical requirements during the prospect qualification phase of the product suite sales cycle.
- Providing Professional Services with detail supportive of the project’s deliverables and requirements.
- Assisting in the post-sale transition from sales to the professional services team.
Where you’ll be working:
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingness to travel up to 50%.
- Understanding of Cloud environment (e.g., AWS, Azure, Google Cloud).
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree.
- Experience identifying, documenting and articulating the business and technical requirements of a prospective customer during the full sales cycle (i.e., qualification, proposal, post-sale transition).
- Experience communicating software ability to address prospects’ requirements through compelling presentation (i.e., written, oral and product demonstrations) of the applications.
- Experience describing technical architecture and its ability to interoperate with prospective customer IT infrastructures.
- Public Safety and Smart Spaces Exposure and experience.
- Excellent customer-facing and presentation skills.
- Excellent writing and quantitative skills, specifically related to proposals, RFI/RFP response and MS PowerPoint presentations.
- High level of energy, enthusiasm, persistence, discipline and a strong desire to succeed.
- Experience with video management software, video analytics and sensors.
- Experience with databases.
- Experience in application integration.
- Experience in networking.
- Experience public speaking.
- Deep understanding of underlying sensor components such as data ingestion, camera technology, Robotics, IIoT, AI, ML, DL, and big data.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.