Sr. Engineer Consultant-Technical Project Management
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
CSG's mission is to digitize Verizon's core processes to deliver real time insights and capabilities enabling differentiation to our customers, employees, shareholders and society driving growth and competitive advantage. CSG is the core of how VZ runs, supporting the corporate lines of business ( Finance, HR, Supply Chain, Commercials Billing & Settlements, Global Real Estate and Fleet applications). CSG is leading transformational and strategic initiatives such as 1ERP, HR Transformation, 1Collections, 1Planning and Fraud. VZ India enables the Global Delivery Model as a strategic partner.
The Strategy and Operations team is critical to CSG’s success. Where challenges come fast and furious, requiring a “scrappy startup” mentality, flexibility, agility, mental dexterity, and creativity. Where our passion for better processes and solutions drives us and is core to who we are.
THE IMPACT YOU CAN HAVE:
The IT Project Manager role is part of the Demand, Portfolio and PMO Office and is responsible for organizing, planning, execution and monitoring of projects while working within budget and schedule restraints. You will be in charge of leading matrixed teams, defining initiative goals, communicating with stakeholders, and seeing a project through to its closure. You will focus on initiatives in the Customer & Enterprise Experience areas (Payments, Collections, Settlements and Finance) working collaboratively with the business and portfolio to help ensure realization of business value.
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Build governance framework to support the realization of key strategic programs.
- Assist business and product teams with identification of opportunities.
- Own Project Management function.
- Coach and train project teams to ensure adoption of effective project management practices.
- Partner with demand portfolio to provide a line of sight into upcoming demand.
- Identify opportunities to standardize and centralize project reporting and workflows using Clarity:
- Own Project health / risk reporting.
- Build out Resource allocation view (in partnership with product teams) that can be leveraged by product and portfolio team for capacity planning.
- Enforce Workflows to notify architecture, TCOE and Risk teams and get approvals based on entry/exit criteria.
- Own cross-project interdependency management.
- Track overall performance of project portfolio (% of projects delayed / at risk / capacity gap patterns).
- Identify bad investments and work with portfolio to audit / halt initiatives.
- Support evolution to product agile by evolving from Program/Project manager to RTE, leveraging upskilling opportunities as needed.
Where you’ll be working:
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Four more years of experience managing IT project portfolios in blended Agile and traditional PPM environments delivering strategic and complex programs in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of system and software SDLC, PMO and leading practices and methodologies.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, CIS, MIS or equivalent. Master’s degree.
- Resource management experience in a matrixed organization.
- Project management and Agile certifications (e.g., PMP, SAFe, CSM, CSPO).
- Highly collaborative with proven ability to build relationships across IT and Business stakeholders.
- Strong influencing skills.
- Exceptional communication and facilitation skills, including ability to share ideas and information across diverse audiences to drive business decisions.
- Expert project management skills including planning, estimating, cost-benefit analysis, tracking, resourcing, and issues, risk and change management.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.