Bell 212/412 Helicopter Technical Advisor ( R-00046560 )
Leidos is seeking a Helicopter Technical Advisor to provide technical assistance and advice on a wide variety of helicopter maintenance, servicing, inspection actions and ground support activities to support the Royal Saudi Air Force (RSAF) in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The Helicopter Technical Advisor will be part of the Contractor Engineering and Technical Support team in support of a US Air Force Foreign Military Sales (FMS) program to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. This is a one-year assignment with option to renew. Assignment location may be one of seven locations in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia per the Performance Work Statement.
- Provides technical assistance and advice on a wide variety of helicopter maintenance, servicing, inspection actions and ground support activities.
- Conducts analysis of and suggest solutions for problems associated with maintaining helicopter systems and related support equipment.
- Conduct reviews of and suggests changes to modification proposals, contracts, and maintenance activity Statements of Work (SOW) submitted by various contractors, vendors and/or foreign governments and making appropriate recommendations.
- Review, update, and revise requirements for skill levels, manpower, facilities, training, technical data, tooling, equipment, and spares to support helicopters and helicopter systems.
- Coordinate various aspects of requirements for the logistic, maintenance, contracting and supply elements needed to ensure the viable functioning of operational military helicopters.
- Monitor helicopter status on a daily/weekly and monthly basis and act on those problems/situations that may have a negative impact on operational ready rates.
- Participate in and prepare/present briefings for staff meetings and follow up on action items.
- Draft and prepare for DoAM staff signature all correspondence (letters and messages) related to daily HQ staff functions concerning helicopters.
- Review tech data, TCTOs, MDRs, TPDIRs and other pertinent helicopter maintenance publications for accuracy, applicability & technical content and recommend changes as needed.
- Train RSAF personnel (OJT – on the job training)
- Shall have an Aircraft Maintenance Technical Diploma, Experience as a helicopter technician or Supervisor. Knowledge of aircraft electrical and mechanical maintenance
- Advanced Degree (MA/MS) and twelve (12) years of directly related experience; OR BA/BS degree and fifteen (15) years of directly related experience; OR twenty (20) years of directly related experience with proper certification(s).
Knowledge of helicopter maintenance technician and/or supervisor is mandatory.
- Experience with RSAF AB212, Bell 412EP Helicopters
- Helicopters manufacturer's technical training certificates :AB212, Bell 412EP Helicopters
- Knowledge of RSAF Technical Terminology
- Strong written English written communication skills are mandatory.
- Knowledge of operation and use of personal computers and the GOLDesp System.
- Determines maintenance requirements such as parts, clearances, tolerance, and corrosion damage.
- Determine correct repair procedures to repair/overhaul defective equipment
- Interpretation of wiring diagrams, blueprints and technical publication are mandatory.
rsafcetsExternal Referral Bonus:EligiblePotential for Telework:NoClearance Level Required:NoneTravel:Yes, 10% of the timeScheduled Weekly Hours:40Shift:DayRequisition Category:ProfessionalJob Family:Field OperationsPay Range:Pay Range $87,750.00 - $135,000.00 - $182,250.00