Principal Consultant Technical Network Architect ( 588699-1C )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
As a Verizon Professional Services Principal, you will be providing both strategic guidance and overall account responsibility for Professional Service (PS) engagements working with Verizon Sales Teams. You will fill the role as trusted advisor with key clients, as well as identifying new clients and new opportunities, including developing new professional service offerings. You will oversee new PS offering development and prepare final documentation for formal offerings roll-out. The role also includes preparing statements of work for complex engagements and reviews statements of work and final deliverables for Principals and Senior Consultants.
In addition, you will work closely with sales engineers, consultants, project managers, and executive management in development of the overall network strategy. You will be a thought leader in delivery functions and will lead a team of highly technical and experienced Engineers focused on delivering professional services within the Verizon services portfolio focused on Wi-Fi and wired network consulting, design, and deployment. You will provide management oversight, lead service creation efforts within assigned portfolio, and deliver subject-matter-expert level guidance to the Sales teams engaged with our largest business accounts.
- Provide both strategic guidance and overall technical integration responsibility for Professional Services (i.e., Wi-Fi WLAN, LAN andnetwork transformation projects).
- Develop and provide clear, accurate and comprehensive Scope of Work documents and designs that can be used as inputs to customer proposals and/or RFP responses and provide necessary detail and expectations to ensure an effective hand-off to the delivery team.
- Translate customer requirements into an executable Statement of Work, leveraging Third-Party vendors, contractors, as well as internal resources.
- Provide leadership in the design and execution of product-agnostic professional service engagements.
- Provide technical sales support for advanced network solutions to all sales groups and customer verticals.
- Identify opportunities for process efficiencies and leadeffort to design and deliver automated solutions to reduce or eliminate manual methods.
- Develop standardized service offerings, based on well-defined assumptions and clearly articulated deliverables, in order to maximize value obtained from presales scoping resources and scale the business.
- Work independently and be accountable for project or program results.
- Develop methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Lead transformational projects that are interconnected to other parts of the business.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Six or more years of experience within wireless network engineering and other data communications fields.
- Six or more years of experience in consulting/professional services, including client contact at senior levels.
- Experience in designing and deploying Enterprise Solutions in a technical consulting environment.
- Experience leading projects through the entire project lifecycle.
- Experience in leading LAN and network architecture design, integration, and deployment.
- Experience selling consulting engagements which includes estimating, scoping, and writing effective statements of work that clearly set expectations and limit risk.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office, SharePoint,
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- MBA or advanced degree with a STEM focus.
- Relevant technical certifications such as: CCNP, CCIE, JNCIP, JNCIE, CISSP, ACSA, ACMP, ACDX, ACCA, ACCP, CMNA / CMNO
- Knowledge of network technologies - Wi-Fi wireless LAN, Wide Area Network, cellular 4G/5G, routing, SDN, SD-WAN, data center networks. (Aruba, Cisco, Cisco Meraki, Extreme Networks, Juniper/MIst).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to manage multiple opportunities, projects, and partners concurrently.
- The ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- The ability to analyze technical issues and formulate workable technical solutions.
- The ability to produce comprehensive yet understandable technical documentation (e.g., design document, diagrams).
- Experience in technical project management for network infrastructure implementations, including project management for network physical layer 1 implementations.
- Experience with telecommunications closets and network cabling; implementation work in telecommunications closet.
- Knowledge of cabling systems, cable and fiber patching, and rack and stack of network equipment.
- Other IT project implementation experience.
- Network information technology education, training, and/or certification.
- Consulting experience.
- Organization skills and ability to store and recall large volumes of information.
- The ability to host and facilitate meetings attended by client executives, stakeholders and Verizon executives.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).