Technical Support Specialist (Communications)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
- Responsible for the planning and installing of telephone and communications equipment in accordance with established procedures and methods
- Project manages medium to large telephone projects
- Create and maintain installation and equipment request forms
- Documents and reports quarterly all installations for tracking purposes. The report will be available within 3-5 business days of the end of the quarter
- Develops, implements, and performs routine preventive maintenance and repair programs and maintains an adequate inventory of replacement and repair parts for telephone and communication equipment
- Creates and maintains an equipment inventory for all telephone sets, pagers, and all other related items
- Performs maintenance repairs on all telephone sets and pagers within 7-10 business days of the service request
- Prepares and maintains a high-level disaster recovery plan for various communication systems. Plan updates will take place within 7-10 business days of any changes\upgrades to the systems
- Troubleshoots and repairs communications equipment throughout the corporation including, but not limited to, the Cisco Phone System, Nurse Call Systems, pocket paging controller, and overhead paging
- Answers trouble call within 20-30 minutes of received call or page
- Documents downtime and trouble calls within 8- 24 business hours
- Uses troubleshooting techniques to keep downtime to a minimum
- Performs repairs on communications equipment in-house to reduce expenses
- Assures maximum utilization of communications systems through education.
- Provides communications equipment training to departments for end-user applications as requested
- Creates, maintains and provides quick reference guides and materials for end-users as requested
- Creates a schedule for insuring that all departments, offices, and clinics receive periodic visits
- Advises Department heads on effective communication practices and lost improvement. Verified by periodic surveys of Department Heads
- Advises Director of trends and opportunities to improve and enhance communications systems and networking performance
- Using industry periodicals, books, CBTs and other means provide supervisor with improvement ideas
- Effectively communicates to the stakeholders and address any questions that may arise
- Communicates status and any deviations from the project plan to his/her manager
- Communicate issues to his/her manager and provides the necessary detail to ensure the scope of the issue is well understood
- Monitors help desk calls daily for problems/projects assigned to them. Logging problems and to update and close them appropriately
- Keep the customer informed, follow up with the customer with status and service satisfaction queries
- Responsible for knowing and complying with Policies and the IT departments operational standards
- Schedules workload using whatever paper and/or electronic means suitable. With 90-95% accuracy
- Documents all work using whatever paper and/or electronic means suitable in accordance with current departmental standards with 90-95% accuracy.
- Attends and is appropriately prepared for all related meetings and functions, 90-95% attendance
- Completes assigned work in timeframes assigned by management project leader with 90-95% accuracy
- Remains current with the computing environment, fully understands IT tactics and monitors the Master Change Schedule
- Responsible for following the department guidelines for requesting time off and monitors own vacation and elective holidays
- On-Call Responsibility – participation in an On-Call rotation is mandatory
- Assures that they will be reachable by the methods defined by departmental standards when on call
- Will be within an acceptably commutable proximity to MIBH when on call
- Provides acceptable level of support as defined by current departmental standards
- Performs similar or related duties as requested or directed
- Performs other duties as requested and observed by supervisor or manager
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED required OR 2+ years computer / communications experience
- Must have ability to lift 40 lbs. unassisted
- Must have valid driver's license
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Associates Degree in Telecommunications or Information Systems
- 3+ years technical training in electronics or IT or communications technology
- Working knowledge of digital switching, PBX operations, wire management, and PBX Mail Systems
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients, and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state, and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work. (sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.