Senior Technical Support Engineer
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Our wireline networks are the backbone of the services we provide and transport huge amounts of data every day. Customers expect fast and reliable service and that’s where you come in. The work you’ll be doing will help predict and prevent customer impacting events and improve network performance and most importantly our customer’s experiences. Specifically, you will be responsible for the operation, maintenance and 24x7x365 support of the high availability server/database/SAN/network platforms located in both local & remote Data Centers across multiple time zones. You will also support daily operations including monitoring, alerting, troubleshooting, capacity management, provisioning, hardware and software configuration, patching, upgrades and performance monitoring/tuning.
- Developing analytics using multiple data sources to identify issues and further optimize the networks.
- Performing complex analysis, installation, maintenance, and upgrade of computer hardware, OS, and software utilities.
- Administering multiple systems including regular after-hour & weekend supports and in a uptime environment.
- Monitoring network performance and discovering and reporting performance issues.
- Supporting project teams and other technical teams as a technical advisor.
Where you'll be working...
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingness to work rotating schedule (shifts) including nights, based on the needs of the business.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- System administration experiences in Red Hat LINUX, Windows and VMware.
- Experience administering servers, backup operations, and systems monitoring in multiple and complex network server environments.
- Experience supporting mission critical systems 24x7x365.
- Strong written and communication skills including composing clear and concise system documentation and reports.
- Ability to work independently as well as on a team.
- Ability to perform duties with minimum supervision, and participate in cross-functional projects as scheduled.
- Experience supporting Oracle and SQL databases including Oracle RAC cluster implementation on SAN platforms.
- Experience with cyber security, server hardening and DMZ deployment.
- Experience with Veritas Cluster, Netbackup and NFS.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet every "even better" qualification listed above.
Our benefits are designed to help you move forward in your career, and in areas of your life outside of Verizon. From health and wellness benefits, short term incentives, 401 (k) Savings Plan, stock incentive programs, paid time off, parental leave, adoption assistance and tuition assistance, plus other incentives,we’ve got you covered with our award-winning total rewards package. For part-timers, your coverage will vary as you may be eligible for some of these benefits depending on your individual circumstances.
If you are hired into a Colorado work location, the compensation range for this position is between $82,000 and $152,000 based on a full-time schedule. The salary will vary depending on your location and confirmed job-related skills and experience. This is an incentive based position with the potential to earn more. For part-time roles, your compensation will be adjusted to reflect your hours.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.