Fleet Technical Support Engineer
- Providing technical engineering support to Verizon technicians using automotive, hydraulic, and electrical industry best practices while minimizing vehicle out-of-service time.
- Develop and implement engineering principles as they pertain to vehicles, equipment, trailers, hydraulics and electrical systems.
- Stand up best-in-class vehicle preventative-maintenance practice with telematics integration and digital checklists for technicians.
- Advanced data analytics to identify and act on trends for predictive maintenance.
- Manage and lead cross functional meetings with business partners to mitigate and resolve issues.
- Interpret manuals, blueprints and schematics for vehicles, mounted equipment, and subsystems.
- Prepare detailed technical work instructions for field use and maintenance standardization.
- Assess performance and specification compliance for vehicles and auxiliary equipment.
- Identify, pilot and prove out emerging technologies that would reduce vehicle operating expenses, improve safety, and/or improve functionality.
- Perform oversight and witnessing of factory testing of vehicles and subsystems prior to approval for shipment; log discrepancies and prepare reports for status of system testing.
- Track fleet maintenance organization equipment issues in the field and provide action on common failures/support.
- Analyze data from on-board vehicle monitoring systems such as data loggers and GPS telematics devices to maximize asset utilization, productivity and fuel efficiency.
What we're looking for...
The selected candidate must possess a strong ability to lead and manage work effectively through cross functional teams towards a common goal in a heavily matrixed organization; leading various industry forums/organizations, vendors and manufacturers applying to fleet engineering, design, and technology.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree with five or more years of work experience in a technical hands-on role.
- Eight or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- In depth mechanical knowledge of LD, MD, HD vehicles, equipment, and trailers.
- ASE Master Mechanic Certification and/or IFPS Fluid power certification preferred.
- Experience with various upfitting processes.
- Experience with Fleet specific software and telematics reporting.
- Knowledge of DOT, FMVSS, FMCSA, OSHA and ANSI regulations, telecommunication or utility equipment.
- Have a working understanding of both regulatory and corporate safety / ergonomic requirements for mobile equipment.
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and with confidence to all levels of management.
- Ability to work effectively both individually and in a team environment managing cross functional teams and business partners.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet every "even better" qualification listed above.
Where you'll be working
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
Our benefits are designed to help you move forward in your career, and in areas of your life outside of Verizon. From health and wellness benefits, short term incentives, 401(k) Savings Plan, stock incentive programs, paid time off, parental leave, adoption assistance and tuition assistance, plus other incentives, we've got you covered with our award-winning total rewards package. For part-timers, your coverage will vary as you may be eligible for some of these benefits depending on your individual circumstances.
If you are hired into a California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island or Washington work location, the compensation range for this position is between $98,000.00 and $219,000.00 annually based on a full-time schedule. The salary will vary depending on your location and confirmed job-related skills and experience. This is an incentive based position with the potential to earn more. For part time roles, your compensation will be adjusted to reflect your hours.