Technical Writer ( R-00083287 )
Leidos is looking for a Technical Writer to join a high performing agile team using the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology to support a nationally significant and fast-paced program. Program execution follows DEVOPS best practices and employs robust development, test and production environments. We are using Behavior Driven Development (BDD) and test automation tools alongside a full suite of team collaboration tools. Leidos is the prime contractor providing system engineering, development, test, integration, and operational support. The multi-year program is focused on injecting new technology and adding advanced capabilities while continuing to support an on-going mission and operational system.
The selected candidate will author, edit, and proof technical documents such as System Manuals, User Guides, and other technical documentation. He/she will ensure that documents conform to program standards and Data Item Description (DID) requirements and will work with the engineering team to define the content of the documents. He/she will have primary responsibility for authorship. The selected individual will gather requirements from users/stakeholders and prepare user and program documentation. He/she work closely with technical staff and will be responsible for managing multiple documentation assignments simultaneously.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities
The selected candidate will oversee the collection and organization of information, and the preparation, editing, and revision of numerous documents required in support of a complex network of computer systems and networks, to include user manuals, training materials, installation guides, proposals, and other reports and deliverables. He/she will work in concert with multiple technical professions including software developers, system engineers, test engineers, and Release Train Engineers in capturing data and media to support technical documentation generation; and will edit functional descriptions, system specifications, user manuals, special reports, and other customer deliverables and documents. He/she will work closely with program Data Management staff to ensure document configuration management (CM) and version control for all deliverables. He/she will perform in accordance with and guide implementation of Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) Maturity Level 3 best practices.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Technical, Writing, or related discipline and at least 8 years of relevant experience. Additional experience may be substituted for a Degree.
- Possess an active TS/SCI with Polygraph clearance to be considered for this role.
- At least 5 years of technical writing experience preparing documents, reports, responses, Contract Data Requirements List (CDRLs), and briefings targeted to a wide range of audiences, including senior management.
- Experience effectively formatting and editing technical publications and proposals, including writing, editing, and illustrating using the MS Office Suite.
- Experience working with system engineers, software engineers, and program management to translate technical information into clear, concise documentation to include user manuals.
- Must be able to plan and prioritize personal tasking and be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Must be an independent thinker, capable of performing high quality work, both independently and with a team, in a fast-moving environment.
- Recent experience on a system/software development program compiling, editing, and publishing CDRL documentation to include Server Core functions and administration with complex network systems, to include firewalls.
- Sound understanding of CMMI ML3 best practices, DID formats, and agile methodologies.
- Recent experience within a cyber security operational organization.
careers.leidos.com/CONMDPay Range:Pay Range $72,150.00 - $111,000.00 - $149,850.00