Technical Writer ( R-00090120 )
The Leidos Intelligence Group has a career opportunity for a Technical Writer at either our customer or contractor site in Annapolis Junction, MD.
This contract is a large, multi-year contract for the development, integration, deployment, and sustainment of large, collection systems. The work that's being done on this Leidos-led, prime contract is extremely important to the government and offers its team members the opportunity to work autonomously and explore new technologies. Join a tremendous technical team solving hard problems with true mission relevance on emerging technologies.
Job Summary/Primary roles & responsibilities
Responsible for the preparation, review, revision, and maintenance of technical documents including software and systems engineering, system operations, testing, and user documentation. Writes and edits technical documentation for all the project’s hardware and software to include installation, configuration and how-to documentation. Creates code documentation for software; produces implementation guides and end-user guides for capabilities; provides field, data definition, and data flow documentation and formats technical publications from pamphlets, technical drawings, and consultations with technical personnel and other available resources.
- Assist in preparing and maintaining operations documentation, user guides and manuals and technical publications
- Understand basic concepts (to include basic grammar concepts), responsible for writing technical copy for various types of documents
- Gather technical information, prepares written text
- Maintain a current internal documentation library
- Use multiple word processing and presentation tools such as MS Word, PowerPoint, and Visio etc.
- Must possess active TS/SCI with a polygraph to be considered for this role.
- Bachelor’s degree and 4-8 years of prior relevant writing experience or master’s with 2-6 years of prior relevant writing experience. Additional experience my substitute for degree.
- Strong technical writing skills (Clear, concise, and complete manner).
- Strong grammar skills (punctuation, spelling, usage)
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in effectively formatting technical publications to include writing, editing, illustration, interpretations, and depth coverage.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with writing technical documentation following DoD standards, interpreting engineering and maintenance drawings, and interpreting operational procedures.
- Strong oral communication skills
- Self-Motivated, problem solver who’s willing to take initiative to develop systems expertise.
- Strong listening skills to capture the necessary information from Engineers.
CSSCOSPay Range:Pay Range $57,850.00 - $89,000.00 - $120,150.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.