As a Technical Writer for our Security Enterprise Solutions (SES) division in support our customers and extensive product portfolio. Our operation has more than 24,000 products deployed across 120 countries. This Technical Writer position is responsible for creating/developing product manuals, how-to guides, website help sections, journal articles, and other content that distills technical information with ease and clarity for end users, and technicians both internal and external.
The position requires strong leadership and interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a diverse work staff and customer base. Demonstrates initiative and dedication through positive use of downtime and an overall willingness and eagerness to consistently exceed customer and company requirements this individual must be team oriented and flexible. Possesses solid communication skills, both oral and written.
- Develop comprehensive documentation that meets organizational standards
- Obtain a deep understanding of products and services to translate complex product information into simple, polished, and engaging content
- Write user-friendly content that meets the needs of the target audience, turning insights language that sets our users up for success
- Develop and maintain detailed databases of appropriate reference materials, including research, usability tests, and design specifications
- Evaluate current content and develop innovative approaches for improvement
Required skills to have for the success of this role:
- Excellent Customer Service and Positive attitude
- Possesses solid communication skills, both oral and written.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, with an eye for prioritization
- Proven ability to quickly learn and understand complex topics
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Previous experience writing documentation and procedural materials for multiple audiences
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, with a keen eye for detail
- Experience working with engineering to improve user experience: design, UI, and help refine content and create visuals and diagrams for technical support content
- Individuals shall possess excellent communications skills and have a strong orientation for customer focus and teamwork.
- Must be willing & able to travel occasionally at short notice.
- Degree or Certification in related field (industrial, electrical, electronic, mechanical). Equivalence achieved through comparative work and life experience is acceptable
- Minimum of 2 - 4 years of experience as technical writer
- Fluency in technical and common office software
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- Ability to multi-task and be a self-starter
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.