Chem/Bio Technical Writer ( R-00052022 )
The Intelligence Group at Leidos is currently seeking a Chem/Bio Technical Writer for a program supporting an Intelligence Community customer. The successful candidate will work as a member of science-oriented, government contractor team supporting an exciting counter proliferation and counter WMD mission. Work will be performed in a fast-paced, high-energy environment inside a government facility. Candidates must have a TS/SCI with a polygraph clearance in order to be considered.
The candidate shall provide subject matter expertise and support analysis of data.
The preferred candidate will:
Review and analyze test results to identify the development or use of chemical and biological agents.
Review test results, combine data, and perform analysis to support the generation of technical analysis reports for dissemination.
The successful candidate will working knowledge of the various intelligence disciplines and the Intel Community.
Collaborate with team members on analysis topics and research.
• Candidate must possess an active TS/SCI with polygraph clearance.
• Must have a Bachelor’s degree in biology, genetics, bioinformatics, chemistry, chemical engineering, or other related field with relevant laboratory or bioinformatics experience and at least 8 years of experience
• Experience and understanding of the methodology, processes, procedures, and equipment used in a chemical or biological laboratory.
• Knowledge of bioinformatics software programs and software development.
• One (1) to two (2) years of related experience in analytical biology or chemistry.
• Experience as a technical writer.
• Strong organizational, communication, and writing skills.
• The successful candidate will have a minimum of 3 years of experience in the IC and must have
• Ability to brief senior staff officers and partners
• Work cooperatively as a team member and provide guidance to government analysts to build effective customer relationships
• Ability to work independently with minimal or no oversight
• Ability to communicate in a professional manner with representatives throughout the IC in person, by telephone and through written correspondence
• Have a working-level ability with all components of Microsoft Office.
• Background in counter proliferation and WMD
• Demonstrated experience conducting research and analysis that aid in the identification of potential chemical and biological weapons