Technical Writer ( R-00043398 )
Are you ready to work on programs that can potentially change the world? Join us at Leidos, where we FIGHT for our employees, one round at a time! You will enjoy great benefits such as 5 weeks of Paid Time Off, Flexible Schedules, Discounted Stock Purchase Plans, Unlimited Education and Training Support, Paid Parental Leave, Paid Disability Leave, Safe Work Environments and more.
Pending contract award, the Leidos Intelligence Group will have a career opportunity for a Technical Writer on a new, large, multi-year contract for systems engineering, integration, software development, testing, configuration management and training to develop, modernize and sustain Mission Management, Mission Assessment, Sensor Control and Execution (Mission Execution), and Sensor Cognizance functions within our customer environment.
The Technical Writer will be responsible for the preparation, review, revision, and maintenance of technical documents including software and systems engineering, system operations, testing, and user documentation. Writes and edits technical documentation for all of the project’s hardware and software to include installation, configuration and how-to documentation. Creates code documentation for software; produces implementation guides and end-user guides for capabilities; provides field, data definition, and data flow documentation and formats technical publications from pamphlets, technical drawings, and consultations with technical personnel and other available resources.
The Technical Writer (TW) shall possess the following capabilities:
- Assist in preparing and maintaining operations documentation, user guides and manuals and technical publications
- Understand basic concepts (to include basic grammar concepts), responsible for writing technical copy for various types of documents
- Gather technical information, prepares written text
- Maintain a current internal documentation library
- Use multiple word processing and presentation tools such as MS Word, PowerPoint, and Visio etc.
- Prepare and maintain operations documentation, user guides and manuals and technical publications
- Work with developers to produce quality documentation and training materials
- Work on all phases of documentation
- Understand basic concepts and write technical copy for various types of documents for a program/project of similar complexity
- Prepare reports, responses, and briefings targeted to a wide range of audiences
- Coordinate layout and design of documents
- Research highly technical subject matter, organizes information from multiples sources, and express technical information in written form that is comprehensible to a wide audience of readers
- Under general direction, write technical copy for various types of documents for a program/project of similar complexity
- Apply concepts for technical writing based on engineering drawings, technical information from engineering documentation, consultations with engineers and subject matter experts, and other available sources
- Produce defense acquisition documentation, user manuals, training manuals, and other documentation utilized by the end-user community of DoD electronic equipment and systems
- Interpret engineering and maintenance drawings, operational procedures to understand and blend large quantities of computer related information
- Produce technical documentation for Cryptologic programs or projects developing analytic tradecraft methodologies
- Apply technical manual standard NSA DS-89 to work products
- 4-8 years experience as a TW in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Four (4) years of additional TW experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- An active TS/SCI with a polygraph is required in order to be considered for this position.