Technical Writer ( R-00055346 )
Leidos Defense Group Modeling Simulation & Training Division has several openings for Technical Writers (all levels) for a new program in Huntsville, Al. This position will support a new program award in support of the US Army providing full life cycle M&S and Live / Virtual / Constructive Training engineering development and sustainment.
- Originate and prepare written material, such as scripts, stories, advertisements, and other material
- Experience developing technical manuals – maintenance and/or training and/or operational manuals for DoD programs
- Research highly technical subject matter, organize information from multiple sources and express technical information in written form such that it is comprehensible to a wide audience of readers
- Draft, expand, refine and edit architecture documents, technical concepts or solutions into an easy to read, comprehensive, compliant and compelling documents.
- Develop outlines and drafts for review and approval by technical specialists and management ensuring that final documents meet applicable contract requirements and government regulations
- Create compelling White Papers and other documents
- Interact with the customer and technical team members for content development
- Become familiar and comply with government style guides
- Ensure documents are in the correct format, are grammatically correct, contain proper punctuation, capitalization, correct spelling, are internally consistent, and contain proper references, footnoting, and pagination
- Monitor routing, signature approval process, and workflow of assigned documents to ensure document meets project schedule timelines
- Consult with authors regarding document content, readability, consistency, and validate sources referenced within the document
- Prepare reports, responses, and briefings targeted to a wide range of audiences
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with 3+ years of experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Active Secret level clearance
- Ability to perform all functional duties independently
- Prior experience reviewing and correcting deliverable documents
- Familiarity with peer review processes, including defect creation and resolution
- Ability to work with both document authors and the quality assurance team to adjudicate peer review findings
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Outstanding communication, writing, editing, proofreading, and grammar skills.
- Expertise using MS Office Suite including Visio, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Graphic creation and editing experience
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- MS Office Certifications
- Previous experience with DoD programs
- Ability to collaborate with program analysts, stakeholders, and Operations Support Group personnel to clarify messaging, document objectives, factual correctness, and customer preferences
- Ability to prioritize and work independently as well as with others
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with multi-disciplinary subject matter experts using strong organizational and facilitation skills