Technical Writer ( R-00060409-OTHLOC-PL-2D2582 )
Leidos Defense Group is seeking a Technical Writer to support our GSM-O Joint Regional Security Stack (JRSS) Task Order. JRSS is a suite of equipment that performs firewall functions, intrusion detection and prevention, enterprise management, virtual routing and forwarding, and network security capabilities. This position will report to the customer site in Fort Meade, MD or Springfield, VA and may allow for some remote work once you are acclimated. An active Secret security clearance is required prior to start.
• Work closely with key customers, project managers, project leads, and technical SMEs to identify documentation needed for projects
• Develop documentation (SOPs, TTPs, etc.) per established templates and process
• Describe complex and technical topics in a clear, concise, and accurately manner to facilitate repeatable processes
• Lead peer reviews of documentation as required
• Edit existing documentation as needed.
• Bachelor's degree and 4+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2+ years of prior relevant experience, or equivalent work experience in lieu of degree.
• Excellent written communication and grammatical skills
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
• Experience working directly with engineers and other technical SMEs
• Ability to collaborate effectively across multiple teams and coordinate deadlines
• U.S. citizenship with an active Secret clearance based on SSBI and ability to obtain Top Secret clearance.
• Experience or familiarity with a Network Operations support environment