Technical Writer ( R-00053832 )
Leidos Enterprise & Cyber Solutions Defense group is currently seeking a Technical Writer to support our recently awarded SBNAB contract. This position provides Systems Engineering technical expertise to C5ISR Center Sustaining Base Network Assurance Branch (SBNAB) Defensive Cyber Operations (DCO) Security Operations Center (SOC). Work will be performed out of the Adelphi, MD location. You must hold an active DoD Secret clearance to qualify.
• Review all submitted documents checking for adherence to the guidance documentation such as: Government Printing Office Style Manual 2008, AR 25-50, and DA PAM 600-67
• Ensure documents are in the correct format, are grammatically correct, contain proper punctuation, capitalization, correct spelling, are internally consistent, and contain proper references, footnoting, and pagination.
• Monitor routing, signature approval process, and workflow of assigned documents to ensure document meets project schedule timelines.
• Consult with authors regarding document content, readability, consistency, and validate sources referenced within the document.
• Develop and provide a monthly workload report to the Government detailing matrixed support, document count for those completed and those in-progress and functional areas of support.
• Understand basic concepts and write technical copy for various types of documents for a program/project of similar complexity
• Prepare reports, responses, and briefings targeted to a wide range of audiences
• Communicate directly Government and Subcontractor staff
• Supports projects and provides or maintains documentation as required
• BA degree and 4+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2+ years of prior relevant experience
• Must hold an active DoD Secret clearance
• 4+ years of experience in developing and maintaining technical documents, analyses, and reports
• Proficient with Microsoft products (Office® 2013 or higher editions, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, Project)
• Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
• Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities
• Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-pasted environment and to work independently
SBNABExternal Referral Bonus:EligibleExternal Referral Bonus $:Potential for Telework:Yes, 10%Clearance Level Required:SecretTravel:Yes, 10% of the timeScheduled Weekly Hours:40Shift:DayRequisition Category:ProfessionalJob Family:Writing and EditingPay Range: