Technical Writer ( R-00062878 )
Are you seeking a new and challenging position supporting a complex, Multi-Task mission-critical Program? Well, look no further! Leidos is currently looking to add a Technical Writer to a Cybersecurity Program near Ft. Meade, MD. As a Technical Writer, a successful candidate will support the development of technical specifications, formal memorandums, and formal correspondences.
• Responsible for the preparation, editorial review, revision, and maintenance of security engineering documents including technical white papers, cybersecurity assessments, architecture analysis documentation, senior management briefings, and status reports.
• Use Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel to create program related documentation.
• Assist in preparing and maintaining operations documentation, user guides and manuals, and technical publications.
• Work with engineers and subject matter experts to gather technical information required in the preparation of written text.
• Research highly technical subject matter, organize information from multiple sources and prepare incident reports, responses, and briefings comprehensible to a wide audience of readers.
- Two (2) Years of Technical writing experience required
- Requires a BA/BS Degree and 2+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience. Four (4) years of relevant experience required with an Associates of Arts Degree
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project is required
- Experience in Cyber Security and Software development desired
EXTERNAL REFERRAL ELIGIBLEExternal Referral Bonus:EligibleExternal Referral Bonus $:Potential for Telework:NoClearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with PolygraphTravel:Yes, 10% of the timeScheduled Weekly Hours:40Shift:DayRequisition Category:ProfessionalJob Family:Writing and EditingPay Range: