Technical Writer ( R-00067632 )
Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business
Your greatest work is ahead!
We are in search of a Technical Writer to join the Integration Test and Acceptance (IT&A) Task Order of the GSM-O II contract, based at Fort Meade, MD. As a core team member, you will be responsible for capturing, analyzing, and documenting all process improvement actions, technical solutions, technical documents, procedures and initiatives. In addition, you will capture and document all “White Papers”, technical analysis and the quality of services delivered on the program.
While this role is primarily remote, one must live within driving distance of Ft. Meade, MD to be considered.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
The Leidos Defense Group provides a diverse portfolio of systems, solutions, and services covering land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace for customers worldwide. Solutions for Defense include enterprise and mission IT, large-scale intelligence systems, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, logistics, training, and intelligence analysis and operations support. Our team is solving the world’s toughest security challenges for customers with “can’t fail” missions. To explore and learn more, click here!
The GSM-O II Program includes the Operations, Sustainment, Maintenance, Repair, and Defense of the Defense Information System Network (DISN) within the DOD Information Network (DODIN) in support of the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA). It also includes support to other key tasks for DISA, including the transformation of DISA’s operational mission through innovation, and support to DISA’s mission partners.
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
- Providing technical writing skills to support development and documentation needed for projects in collaboration with key customers, project managers, project leads and technical SME’s.
- Developing documentation (SOPs, TTPs, etc.) per established templates and process
- Describing complex and technical topics in a clear, concise, and accurately manner to facilitate repeatable processes
- Leading peer reviews of documentation as required
- Editing existing documentation as needed.
Required Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline with 8 years of related experience; or 6 years of professional experience with a related Master’s degree. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- DoD SECRET Clearance w/ ability to obtain TS Clearance
- Excellent written communication and grammatical skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Experience working directly with engineers and other technical SMEs
- Ability to collaborate effectively across multiple teams and coordinate deadlines
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Experience or familiarity with a Network Operations support environment